Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev is right in that he slows the game down, but that can be down to hesitancy as he adjusts.

It'll come in time with him as he's improved steadily as the season has gone on, and his raw technical ability is there for all to see.

Just don't think he's an automatic starter right now, and to be fair he himself doesn't either, which shows he has a level head.
Exactly this. He knows how much he has to learn and I said it a few times: I'm very happy for him because I didn't think that he'd develop so quickly. But he stays on ground, he's got goals and knows it takes time to achieve those.

Barry slows it down when we're under pressure and need men getting forward before we break properly, so the ball doesn't get ahead of play.

Besic slows it down when players are ahead of him and passes are on.

It's just a matter of experience. Gibson last night showed how it was done, Besic will get there in time.
Look at the Kevin comment again , he wants him to [Poor language removed] of to Bosnia , now you just must say that is insane stupid

Mate it's one thing about doing it in the last 30 mins against a beaten team, it's another doing it against Palace , West Brom and Leicester when all of the opposition are in front of him.

Hes got to improve his authority with the ball against teams who sit in and frustrate. He can't keep surrendering responsibility to others. He is going to be a very good player for us, but christ he has an awful lot to work on
Well if i can remember Besic play against Wolfsburg and there where hardly beaten when game start so that argument is crap and u can say for all our players it is easy play young boys

Well if i can remember Besic play against Wolfsburg and there where hardly beaten when game start so that argument is crap and u can say for all our players it is easy play young boys

Alright matey, easy - I'm not having a pop at you.

Teams that come at us, like Wolfsburg as you say, need stifling. To me, Besic is an able to deputy to McCarthy in that terrier role, and further looked good in a 3 with Barry and McCarthy against Liverpool and Chelsea away.

Games against the lesser sides have shown aspects of his game that need developing. Against Leicester, West Brom, even a West Ham away in the FA Cup for the spells where we were up top, these sides all sat deep and made us force an opening, forced us to try and play through their lines which sat deep. In games like this Besic, again -he can work at this - is currently not good enough offensively.

He is neat and tidy when taking the ball in tight spots in iur half, he gallops forward with purpose and then when he hits the oppositions lines he stops and plays it side ways, shirking responsibility and relying on Barkley, Barry etc to play a telling ball, or something more subtle. Now this wouldn't be a problem if he was in the team ahead of McCarthy, but when the both of them play they both do exactly the same job. They aren't yet creative enough and may never be. What they need is a foil like Barry or Gibson who will look to play something more deft and creative, see Barry via Young boys away and Gibson v young boys at home. That's not a criticism of Besic or McCarthy, but until one of them develops it will always have to be one of the other against the vast majority of sides in the league (IMO).

Alright matey, easy - I'm not having a pop at you.

Teams that come at us, like Wolfsburg as you say, need stifling. To me, Besic is an able to deputy to McCarthy in that terrier role, and further looked good in a 3 with Barry and McCarthy against Liverpool and Chelsea away.

Games against the lesser sides have shown aspects of his game that need developing. Against Leicester, West Brom, even a West Ham away in the FA Cup for the spells where we were up top, these sides all sat deep and made us force an opening, forced us to try and play through their lines which sat deep. In games like this Besic, again -he can work at this - is currently not good enough offensively.

He is neat and tidy when taking the ball in tight spots in iur half, he gallops forward with purpose and then when he hits the oppositions lines he stops and plays it side ways, shirking responsibility and relying on Barkley, Barry etc to play a telling ball, or something more subtle. Now this wouldn't be a problem if he was in the team ahead of McCarthy, but when the both of them play they both do exactly the same job. They aren't yet creative enough and may never be. What they need is a foil like Barry or Gibson who will look to play something more deft and creative, see Barry via Young boys away and Gibson v young boys at home. That's not a criticism of Besic or McCarthy, but until one of them develops it will always have to be one of the other against the vast majority of sides in the league (IMO).
I think that was nothing to do with Besic , Hes done hat he needs to do like a DM , but Martinez is keep thinking that Naismith is Silva and i m sorry to say but hes man menagment was part of why Barkley is come from 50 mill to 5 mill player. Besic for first season and hes age hes done amazing. He will improve that is sure thing and just to remaind some of people here against Leicester we had , Lukaku had 3 chance in first half to score , clear chance , ona tap in . If he had score those they open up diferent story. Yes we had more chances with Gibson but we ahere also began to have holes from that moment on .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back