Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besic is probably the least creative player, outside of the keepers and centre halves, in the team - I reckon that's why he is replaced regularly. Barry, for all of the usual fume on here if a player loses form, has great ability on the ball and has the eye for a pass too.

I love Besic, think he will be boss for us long term, but in the final third he hasn't got a clue. I understand that's not whys he's been bought, but in games where we are on top, like against west ham first half, he doesn't seem to have any ingenuity or creativity about him. I saw him time after time on the edge of the area where he can have a shot or try a neat through ball but instead he elected to get the ball to Barry or Barkley who were either behind him or square to him.

Great prospect but when chasing the game I would keep Barry on the pitch ahead of him every day of the week.

This is spot on.

Besic is a brilliant player, no doubt about it. But ten against eleven, you need some experience in the middle of the pitch, and to be fair to Barry he was horrible going forward, but did well defensively.
I know Barry is the new scape goat but it was his range of passing from CDM that got us back in the game (as well as Kev).

I'd love to see Besic partner mccarthy in the long term, but you have to laugh at anyone who moans about Martinez's subs yesterday. We came from behind to lead the game with 10 men. What more do you people want from the man?

I'd love to see Besic partner mccarthy in the long term, but you have to laugh at anyone who moans about Martinez's subs yesterday. We came from behind to lead the game with 10 men. What more do you people want from the man?

Just out of interest, I'd like to see him do one of those 'round peg round hole, square peg square hole' children's toys you can get.

Besic is probably the least creative player, outside of the keepers and centre halves, in the team - I reckon that's why he is replaced regularly. Barry, for all of the usual fume on here if a player loses form, has great ability on the ball and has the eye for a pass too.

I love Besic, think he will be boss for us long term, but in the final third he hasn't got a clue. I understand that's not whys he's been bought, but in games where we are on top, like against west ham first half, he doesn't seem to have any ingenuity or creativity about him. I saw him time after time on the edge of the area where he can have a shot or try a neat through ball but instead he elected to get the ball to Barry or Barkley who were either behind him or square to him.

Great prospect but when chasing the game I would keep Barry on the pitch ahead of him every day of the week.

think besic is more creative than mccarthy myself. well he plays more meaningful balls forward anyway.

Besic is the best long ball passer we've got. He invariably gets the flight and weighting exactly right. To be honest I can't recall him ever being in a position to try a decisive short through ball yet.

I know Barry is the new scape goat but it was his range of passing from CDM that got us back in the game (as well as Kev).

Think we'll have to disagree on his passing prowess getting us back into the game. Honestly think our CB's had more passes going forward (and hitting a guy), that may just be my scapegoat eyes though.

However, I do think he played a brilliant game, after we went down to ten.

Several versions, my personal fav being:

His Mama says he isn't gay Torres! Torres!
He just likes his hair that way Torres! Torres!
When he scores he jumps with joy
He's a little ladyboy
Carraghers bit on the side.

Oh how we laughed.

Hes half a girl and half a boy , Torres Torres !
he looks just like a tranvestite Torres Torres
he wears a frock he loves the c...
he sells his ass on the albert dock
Fernando Torres caraghers bit on the side !!

think thats the one used to sing hahah

keeping it on topic i think besic's name would go good with this
but it really is a kopite song isnt it ffs

Last edited:

Don’t get where “besic is our least creative midfielder” has come from

In our last premier league game Besic completed 14 out of 17 passes in the attacking third whereas Barry made 2 out of 8. Also, Barry only managed 8 out of 23 forward passes vs City, Besic with 25 out of 29.

Don’t get where “besic is our least creative midfielder” has come from

In our last premier league game Besic completed 14 out of 17 passes in the attacking third whereas Barry made 2 out of 8. Also, Barry only managed 8 out of 23 forward passes vs City, Besic with 25 out of 29.

exactly - Made that wonderful little chip that just missed coming off. Beautiful cross field pass to Seamus... not nearly as turnover prone as Barry and Naismith - who really is poo when trying to play a pass.....

Besic is quality.

Besic is a far better footballer than Barry is at the moment, Barry has been awful in his passing this season.

Besic has shown that he has an eye for a pass and can take on players as well.

Besic plays some lovely cross field balls in most games and little chips in behind on the chanell for coleman to run onto. We've missed them since Gibsons been out, changes play up in an instant

Out of Besic, barry and mccarthy, besics the most positive on the ball and the better passer, should be he and mccarthy when all fit

Besic plays some lovely cross field balls in most games and little chips in behind on the chanell for coleman to run onto. We've missed them since Gibsons been out, changes play up in an instant

Out of Besic, barry and mccarthy, besics the most positive on the ball and the better passer, should be he and mccarthy when all fit

his tacklings also looked just as good / better it is early days like but still
id keep him in the team for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back