Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was West Ham (home) that did it for me.

Looking back yeh I was wrong, though I still stick by that he did show some (albeit very brief) signs he could manage us effectively - even last season. When he and the team clicked and got it right we were a pleasure to watch but it didn't happen nearly enough and he deservedly got the boot.

Without going too far off topic, RM imo needs a strong character beside him to keep him in check. Jones isn't that person - he's useless. If RM does end up keeping the Hull job then their board must insist on keeping Phelan in place, who is actually a decent assistant manager.

One thing I won't slate RM for though is his overall transfer record.

Yes, some massive duds which should not be ignored, but I do like how he brought in players who mostly 'get' Everton and have talent to go with it.

Big year this for Mo, as he's turning 24 and imo can no longer be classed as just a 'young' player.

He has all the talent to succeed under Koeman as well, and if he can hit that form he did when he was fully fit in January last season, we've got a hell of a player on our hands.

Think it was the West Ham game that pushed me over the line, bringing Niasse on to replace Lennon at the time was baffling to say the least, along with a lot of other things.

Sad thing about Besic is, if Koeman gets the players we look to be after (Witsel, Carvalho) then it looks like another season as a bit part player for him, and if it is, he'll want out IMO.

Think it was the West Ham game that pushed me over the line, bringing Niasse on to replace Lennon at the time was baffling to say the least, along with a lot of other things.

Sad thing about Besic is, if Koeman gets the players we look to be after (Witsel, Carvalho) then it looks like another season as a bit part player for him, and if it is, he'll want out IMO.

In all fairness he had a bad spell with injuries last year.

I don't think Witsel and Carvalho would hurt him too much as they would be rotated I imagine, but i would prefer us not to go for someone like Gueye when we have Besic waiting (not to mention McCarthy, though he may well be off I suppose).

Needs a song this lad...

Mo Mo Mo Besic
He's Hard He's Blue He's Mean
So If You Try To Be A Snide
Watch Out For Your Knees!

Only played 45minutes but reminded me a little of Zidane in his prime.

Well played Mo.
I felt he did not play well in any of the games this past weekend. He did a lot of passes that I think must have triggered Koeman, for example all the backpasses to defence or even the goalie.

Also he did not many forward passes and he was sloppy with his marking and left too much space between him and his player far too many times for my liking. The was two situations that was not that great for him and shows that he has a lot to learn still. The first situation has to do that he left too much space between him and a Real Betis player resulting in him making a last minute tackle to try to make up for his misstake. The other situation(in the same game) was that he left his player to be marked by someone from Evertons central defence, the problem here was that they were already busy with marking 2 players so when one of the central defenders went forward this created a chance for Betis to make a long through ball to the two strikers that only had 1 defender to think about and that could have been a goal if the pass was better from Real Betis.

Baines was not happy with Besic there and I think for certain that Koeman wasnt as well.

I love this guy as much as some of you do but lets be honest here. Right now it does not look good for him at all. I really cant see him play many games for Koeman. Mainly because it is Koeman who is the coach. Besic was a Martinez project and Martinez is the one who has coached Besic a lot of the things he does and I dont know if some of you watch the bosnian NT games when Besic plays, but he is a completely different player. Why? Since the only thing the coach says there is go and play central midfield. For Everton he has instructions and you can tell that he can create a tunnelvision and only focus on the instructions and nothing else. For Bosnia he is much more free to do what he wants and that results in a more creative Besic and for Everton I really dont see the same footballing brain. Koeman on the other hand looks like a manager that expects things from his players.

Another thing I am not sold on is the way Koeman and his coaching staff are approaching these friendlies. They are too passive and just observing instead of giving direct feedback to the players all the time. I watched some of the Bayern games and it was a completely different approach there. Every single one from the coaching staff were busy talking with the players during the waterbreaks in both halves, and I thought, no wonder Ancelotti has managed to make his Bayern play a more direct game so quickly after they have played peps possession based football for 3 years prior.

I felt he did not play well in any of the games this past weekend. He did a lot of passes that I think must have triggered Koeman, for example all the backpasses to defence or even the goalie.

Also he did not many forward passes and he was sloppy with his marking and left too much space between him and his player far too many times for my liking. The was two situations that was not that great for him and shows that he has a lot to learn still. The first situation has to do that he left too much space between him and a Real Betis player resulting in him making a last minute tackle to try to make up for his misstake. The other situation(in the same game) was that he left his player to be marked by someone from Evertons central defence, the problem here was that they were already busy with marking 2 players so when one of the central defenders went forward this created a chance for Betis to make a long through ball to the two strikers that only had 1 defender to think about and that could have been a goal if the pass was better from Real Betis.

Baines was not happy with Besic there and I think for certain that Koeman wasnt as well.

I love this guy as much as some of you do but lets be honest here. Right now it does not look good for him at all. I really cant see him play many games for Koeman. Mainly because it is Koeman who is the coach. Besic was a Martinez project and Martinez is the one who has coached Besic a lot of the things he does and I dont know if some of you watch the bosnian NT games when Besic plays, but he is a completely different player. Why? Since the only thing the coach says there is go and play central midfield. For Everton he has instructions and you can tell that he can create a tunnelvision and only focus on the instructions and nothing else. For Bosnia he is much more free to do what he wants and that results in a more creative Besic and for Everton I really dont see the same footballing brain. Koeman on the other hand looks like a manager that expects things from his players.

Another thing I am not sold on is the way Koeman and his coaching staff are approaching these friendlies. They are too passive and just observing instead of giving direct feedback to the players all the time. I watched some of the Bayern games and it was a completely different approach there. Every single one from the coaching staff were busy talking with the players during the waterbreaks in both halves, and I thought, no wonder Ancelotti has managed to make his Bayern play a more direct game so quickly after they have played peps possession based football for 3 years prior.

Zidane, in his prime.

None of the pre-season games were good, we played a mixture of youth and deadwood, in my viewpoint nobody played well in any of the games.

Zidane, in his prime.

None of the pre-season games were good, we played a mixture of youth and deadwood, in my viewpoint nobody played well in any of the games.

No that is correct and I feel Koeman is a bit responsible for that since we have not seen any changes on the way we play, maybe still a bit early...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back