Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt he did not play well in any of the games this past weekend. He did a lot of passes that I think must have triggered Koeman, for example all the backpasses to defence or even the goalie.

Also he did not many forward passes and he was sloppy with his marking and left too much space between him and his player far too many times for my liking. The was two situations that was not that great for him and shows that he has a lot to learn still. The first situation has to do that he left too much space between him and a Real Betis player resulting in him making a last minute tackle to try to make up for his misstake. The other situation(in the same game) was that he left his player to be marked by someone from Evertons central defence, the problem here was that they were already busy with marking 2 players so when one of the central defenders went forward this created a chance for Betis to make a long through ball to the two strikers that only had 1 defender to think about and that could have been a goal if the pass was better from Real Betis.

Baines was not happy with Besic there and I think for certain that Koeman wasnt as well.

I love this guy as much as some of you do but lets be honest here. Right now it does not look good for him at all. I really cant see him play many games for Koeman. Mainly because it is Koeman who is the coach. Besic was a Martinez project and Martinez is the one who has coached Besic a lot of the things he does and I dont know if some of you watch the bosnian NT games when Besic plays, but he is a completely different player. Why? Since the only thing the coach says there is go and play central midfield. For Everton he has instructions and you can tell that he can create a tunnelvision and only focus on the instructions and nothing else. For Bosnia he is much more free to do what he wants and that results in a more creative Besic and for Everton I really dont see the same footballing brain. Koeman on the other hand looks like a manager that expects things from his players.

Another thing I am not sold on is the way Koeman and his coaching staff are approaching these friendlies. They are too passive and just observing instead of giving direct feedback to the players all the time. I watched some of the Bayern games and it was a completely different approach there. Every single one from the coaching staff were busy talking with the players during the waterbreaks in both halves, and I thought, no wonder Ancelotti has managed to make his Bayern play a more direct game so quickly after they have played peps possession based football for 3 years prior.

Because Koeman isnt a good manager

I hope he becomes a starter now under Koeman. The only thing which concerns me right now is having too many CMs. We've got Mccarthy, Barry, Gibson, Cleverly, Besic and Gueye. That's 6 people for 2 or 3 positions. I would not like to lose Barry, Mccarthy or Cleverly as he is an Osmanesque type player who can get you a goal everynow and then. Besic and Mccarthy would be my long term CM partnership. Gueye as back up.

People would be plural, im telling you, might be you who is off the mark...

So sensitive aren't you? If you can't handle a wee but of criticism when you write what was either a pathetic song or (giving you the benefit here) a sarcastic song (the sarcasm wasn't funny btw as I said you aren't good at it) then perhaps the internet isn't for you?

@BlueLlama not really mate no

Ive taken no offence or any type of emotion from your "criticism" at all, and how i come across on an internet forum really is of no concern to me, i dont post reguarly i like to read up on the biggest love of my life being EFC

But continue on setting standards;)

@BlueLlama not really mate no

Ive taken no offence or any type of emotion from your "criticism" at all, and how i come across on an internet forum really is of no concern to me, i dont post reguarly i like to read up on the biggest love of my life being EFC

But continue on setting standards;)

i try. I only hope one day you may reach my standards x

The normal FWIW but the only existing central midfielder we had before Gueye that impressed RK in training, pre-season is Davies. He isn't a big fan of Mo on initial assessment but any of McCarthy, Cleverley, Gibson all more likely to go just because is more demand for them in PL where prices are highest.

Such a same he needs time on the pitch via a run of games but injuries are holding him back. Hopefully nothing serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back