Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we still see lots of him in and around the club over the next months so he feels included and fans don't put him to the back of their minds.

I've never liked it when injured players get sent off to a foreign country to rehab and are basically told to stay there for months on end whilst the season cracks on without them, it must be so depressing to be away from the club and feeling so helpless. If he's up for it then let him still come into Finch Farm and play some part in the training sessions day-to-day or send him to help out Everton In The Community, just make him (and any other long-term injuries we ever get) visible to the supporters. It would help everyone I think.

Im gutted for Mo, but when you look at how often he has got injured it makes you realise why sometime Barkley can be a bit hesitant to throw himself into tackles, Besic dosent hold back, Ross does, can understand why really.

Its a very modern phenomenom though, even in the 90s hibbert unsworth carsley etc would dive into tackles like besic does
Maybe its down to training methods - id imagine theres a lot less full contact tackling in academies and teams - meaning less oppourtinity to develop bone density and the right body position resulting in more injuries

Since 2000 odd theres been a huge uptick in broken legs

Its a very modern phenomenom though, even in the 90s hibbert unsworth carsley etc would dive into tackles like besic does
Maybe its down to training methods - id imagine theres a lot less full contact tackling in academies and teams - meaning less oppourtinity to develop bone density and the right body position resulting in more injuries

Since 2000 odd theres been a huge uptick in broken legs

Back in the day no one tackled better than Alex Parker, he'd slide in and come out with the ball every time, he did George Best at OT and the Mancs wanted to lynch him. After he retired he had terrible problems with his legs, one may have been amputated but kicked or otherwise as a player he never came off always battled on as most did those days and they wore studded boots.

Besic looks good but isn't as he lacks timing and at the end of the day its costing us a fortune in wages being paid to a player who is never available. I suspect this will be last chance hotel for Mo badge kissing or not.

Back in the day no one tackled better than Alex Parker, he'd slide in and come out with the ball every time, he did George Best at OT and the Mancs wanted to lynch him. After he retired he had terrible problems with his legs, one may have been amputated but kicked or otherwise as a player he never came off always battled on as most did those days and they wore studded boots.

Besic looks good but isn't as he lacks timing and at the end of the day its costing us a fortune in wages being paid to a player who is never available. I suspect this will be last chance hotel for Mo badge kissing or not.

Eh id say he's always worth keeping incase come derby day the rs are having a player in a purple patch
On you go mo, take him out for the season

He doesnt cost you a single penny in wages.

Stop chatting utter bubbles.

He doesnt cost you a single penny in wages.

Stop chatting utter bubbles.

Bubbles Mout................anyone associated with the club contribute in some way to his 'sick note pay' or does your hero not get paid while he's sitting doing nothing..................I think the bubbles are from your rectum pal

I would just like to get serious for a minute here guys n gals, I send my condolences to @MoutsGoat and the rest of the Besic Disciples at this sad time. He will be truly missed.

RIP with the Angles now. Somewhere between 90 and 180.

Bubbles Mout................anyone associated with the club contribute in some way to his 'sick note pay' or does your hero not get paid while he's sitting doing nothing..................I think the bubbles are from your rectum pal

Sky pay his wages.

Anyway, keep chatting bubbles, added to ignore, toodles.

I hope we still see lots of him in and around the club over the next months so he feels included and fans don't put him to the back of their minds.

I've never liked it when injured players get sent off to a foreign country to rehab and are basically told to stay there for months on end whilst the season cracks on without them, it must be so depressing to be away from the club and feeling so helpless. If he's up for it then let him still come into Finch Farm and play some part in the training sessions day-to-day or send him to help out Everton In The Community, just make him (and any other long-term injuries we ever get) visible to the supporters. It would help everyone I think.
It can be beneficial for the players to go off for some of their rehab, especially if they have close family in another country as they might cheer them up and keep them motivated more than being around the club. Time of year may also make a difference, sunshine and warmth can improve both mood and make a range of exercises easier and safer.

On the other hand, especially if there is someone also going through an extensive rehab, your teammates can provide encouragement and a sense of routine.

Probably a balance to be struck between the two approaches , especially as an ACL has such a long recovery time.

Sky pay his wages.

Anyway, keep chatting bubbles, added to ignore, toodles.

You seem to think what comes out of the funds available to the club to pay him are in the ownership of Sky, so many bubbles you'd be better off at West Ham. Ignorance is bliss so ignore away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back