Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many posts on something so trivial?

C'mon guys, get a grip.

I doubt many of you watched the game in its entirety - for all you know the lad could have been kicking Naismith all over the park prior.

My tuppence worth - we could do with more 'snides', nice guys finish last and all that.

My thoughts exactly. Not pointing any fingers but it sounds like there's a few guys on here who don't want to like Naismith at all cos of his rangers/glasgow connections, and there's comments which back that up. He's an everton player FFS get a grip!

He's ****e anyway, nowhere near good enough for the premier league. Looked out of his depth playing for the scots. Sell him in Jan to make a small profit

Personally i hope when we play Newcastle that Cabaye gets revenge for Cahill punching him in the throat and sticks a leg breaker on Pienaar.

Then Fellaini headbutts Ben Arfa and breaks his nose.

That would be fair and acceptable.

He's ****e anyway, nowhere near good enough for the premier league. Looked out of his depth playing for the scots. Sell him in Jan to make a small profit

Yeah OK mate. For a free he is a bargain. Best partner Jelavic has had and just look around the rest of the team with our Osman, Hibbert, Coleman, Anichebe, Neville etc so thats a lot of s h i t e in our team if you think Naismith is. Is it because he is from Rangers?

How many posts on something so trivial?

C'mon guys, get a grip.

I doubt many of you watched the game in its entirety - for all you know the lad could have been kicking Naismith all over the park prior.

My tuppence worth - we could do with more 'snides', nice guys finish last and all that.

I wouldn't call it trivial mate. As I said, if it was Suarez no one on here would be saying it's trivial.

I'm not going to let the fact that someone's an Everton player excuse that sort of behaviour.

Perhaps, as Azz says, it was out of character but I'm not really sure what kind of guy Naismith is. That certainly isn't an endearing start.

Which reminds me, pray for Kevin Nolan when Big Vic gets a hold of him.

What, like he did when they came face to face when we played Newcastle before and Nolan took the piss out of Victor till it looked like he was about to cry?

And what Cahill done for years for us is completly different to smashing someone in the face with your forearm. Wind your opponent up, give him a few brusies and let him know you're there.

Thats not using your forearm to hit them in the face that could result in a serious injury. Absolutly laughing at people defending that kind of behavior just because of the shirt he wears. But its typical of your average hypocritical football fan really.

Having read the comments, I was expecting a big lashing out with him putting his back into it. Is it just me or did it not look all that bad? Obviously, it goes without saying that it's a red, but he basically just handed (or forearmed) the guy off, like in rugby. He never swung for him or anything.

I've only seen a sh*te quality replay which is from a distance, like.

Well, lets see how the SFA treat this one, not a club offence, but at international level. Lets see the prison sentence here shall we.

Naismith shouldnt have done it, but Rooney did similar last year and got off. And neither case was as bad as this

[video=google;-6350551520137715640]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6350551520137715640[/video]

In Naismith's defence, at least the guy hes hit saw him coming and had a chance to defend himself, unlike Mendes. Also the clips of the elbow/arm smash do not explain all that has led up to that moment.

Rooney on McCarthy

[video=youtube;IjVU6Twg2lg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVU6Twg2lg[/video]

When the FA makes such a hash of things, how can anyone expect consistency. International game, nothing to do with Everton or our player policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back