Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
really happy for Naismith, he had a very good game. Surprised he got the start but more than proved that he is worthy of the shirt today. One swallow and all that but more of the same please, pretty please.

Hes utter utter crap

Not arsed if he scored yesterday, Not arsed if he runs his arse off

He's crap, First touch is awful aand his passing is just as bad, Should be no where near the first team imo

I was surprised he didn't get MoM yesterday, but was also glad to find out Barry did.

Yesterday I lost count the amount of times he broke up their play and came away with the ball, he spent most of the second half protecting the RB area and worked his balls off. He won every single header/flick on when it went long to him and on top of that scored the winner!

Was surprised to see his apparently low pass rate, but that would include nobody getting on the end of his many flick-ons.

Was happy with his performance and deserved his send off but he's far from good enough. How long has it took for a decent display? He still wasn't great by any means.
He was great all through preseason and, based on form, is unlucky to not have had more games so far.

Hes utter utter crap

He's crap, First touch is awful aand his passing is just as bad, Should be no where near the first team imo

Essentially this.

Chuffed he scored. But still don't want him starting games.

Hes utter utter crap

None of our other wingers would have scored that yesterday

So there's one thing he's not crap at, like winning us a match.

His first touch is non-existent, and his passing truly shocking.

I happen to think he's got a footballing brain, taking up decent positions etc and good awareness. Perhaps Martinez sees that in him.

Sadly, he doesn't have the natural ability to compliment that intelligence.

Squad player at best at this level.

This is the kind of game where he will stand out. To beat the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd you have to be willing to run your bollox off and take your chances when they come. Against the lower league teams this isn't as effective as you should be relying on your superior touch and passing, which he doesn't really have.

He's definitely a poacher though, it's very rare to not see Naismith in the box when we're on the attack. He will pop up with a few more important goals this season.

He played well and I was buzzing he scored, but really, if Mirallas, Barkley or Pienaar had played that well, would anyone have batted an eyelid?

None of our other wingers would have scored that yesterday

So there's one thing he's not crap at, like winning us a match.

when he starts winning us every match, that might outweigh his dreadful passing, still credit were its due, his defensive work was outstanding, but still doesn't offer enough, and against sides when we can dominate the ball it will work against us more

Wish he'd grow his hair back. Looks like he's just come outve a couple of weeks on Intenstive Care.

...that being said, he played well.

Leave his hair a loan - he is a better player with out it - he looks fitter yards quicker and is a sniffer for goals takes up better positions in the box under RM when marallis shot in the 2nd half was palmed away by chech who was running in for the rebound = Naismith! he looks a goos goal poacher to me and his work ethic was top class!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back