Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave his hair a loan - he is a better player with out it - he looks fitter yards quicker and is a sniffer for goals takes up better positions in the box under RM when marallis shot in the 2nd half was palmed away by chech who was running in for the rebound = Naismith! he looks a goos goal poacher to me and his work ethic was top class!

Ks6Pe1z.png

;)

Osman (get grief on here) to Jelavic (gets grief on here) to Naismith (gets grief on here) 1-0 to Everton.

Our so called rubbish players get us a win against PL favourites.

I hope we have more rubbish players if winning is the result.

WELL DONE Naismith hope you provide more goals and IMO he was MOTM but Free signing Barry who is also too slow (not my words) was quality.

Osman (get grief on here) to Jelavic (gets grief on here) to Naismith (gets grief on here) 1-0 to Everton.

Our so called rubbish players get us a win against PL favourites.

I hope we have more rubbish players if winning is the result.

WELL DONE Naismith hope you provide more goals and IMO he was MOTM but Free signing Barry who is also too slow (not my words) was quality.

it is quite funny how it worked out. All 3 are squad players though and wouldn't be in anybody's first XI, yet they helped beat the favourites for the title - WE'RE GONNA WIN THE MOTHER****ING LEAGUE LADS

I am not a fan of Naismith at all but you have to give him credit for his performance yesterday. It's clear for everyone to see that he just isn't very good but he still gives his all each game and in games like yesterday, proved that he can offer something to the team. He gave us an outlet in the air and he even beat Terry to a few headers which isn't easy. He is piss poor on the ball and it showed numerous times yesterday but off the ball he was great. He provided cover for Coleman all game and the two of them kept Hazard quiet and he got himself in the position to score for the goal.

I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11 but if he is allowed to get in the box, he can do a job for 15-20 mins if the team are struggling.

Having said that, people saying he was excellent etc yesterday have got their blue tinted specs on. He could barely keep hold of the ball and it reflects poorly on Chelsea that they couldn't exploit that.

Credit where it's due. Decent performance yesterday.

He won almost everything in the air against Cole and it was crying out for someone to take a chance on him winning the header and gambling on a flick on, but no-one looked interested, which isn't Naismith's fault. If he gets some confidence the ball might stick to him a bit better.

Naismith is our Dirk Kuyt - runs his legs off, does some great covering, gets forward, scores some important goals - but generally isn't rated.

This is the kind of game where he will stand out. To beat the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd you have to be willing to run your bollox off and take your chances when they come. Against the lower league teams this isn't as effective as you should be relying on your superior touch and passing, which he doesn't really have.

He's definitely a poacher though, it's very rare to not see Naismith in the box when we're on the attack. He will pop up with a few more important goals this season.
Very true comment, agree 100%.

Leave his hair a loan - he is a better player with out it - he looks fitter yards quicker and is a sniffer for goals takes up better positions in the box under RM when marallis shot in the 2nd half was palmed away by chech who was running in for the rebound = Naismith! he looks a goos goal poacher to me and his work ethic was top class!

Oh, don't get me wrong; he's a much better player than people have been giving him credit for...

...still, I can't seem to get past the fact that he looks like a ghost from Scooby Doo. It's not a criticism...just an observation.

Naismith is our Dirk Kuyt - runs his legs off, does some great covering, gets forward, scores some important goals - but generally isn't rated.

He's like John Ebbrell. He isn't nearly as bad as what people think, gives 100% every time....can be pretty decent, reads the game well, but when he is bad he is woeful. He played well yesterday and deserved his applause when subbed. It's hard to dislike the guy

Amazing what a hair cut can do for you... weird how it had an opposite effect on Pienaar. :lol:

Shout, this.

Quite shocking considering he looks considerably better with that haircut and all. Maybe we should all chip in for Jelavic to get a peroxide blonde Mohawk or something; a godawful haircut might be the key to slotting like a boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back