Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no first touch mate. He needs too much time. This isn't Scotland.

we'll have to hope he adapts. he was free so it's no biggy if he doesn't cut it, whatever we sell him for we'll make a profit and barkley (hopefully) will come in and do that job

He's been good every time he's played up until today; always kept possession, tidy passing and good movement and dribbling. Today he couldn't do anything right, but everyone was ****e today so I don't think it's fair to judge him.

we'll have to hope he adapts. he was free so it's no biggy if he doesn't cut it, whatever we sell him for we'll make a profit and barkley (hopefully) will come in and do that job

It was always my argument on the football level that he was soaking wages up that could have gone elsewhere. And I'm convinced if we got Mirallas in earlier Naismith wouldn't have been touched.

Im backing Naismith tbh, still wasnt the best tonight admittedly, but look at the goal he busts a gut to get back were Distan, Heitinga, Mofro are provide wishy washy token defense.

He also cleared one of the line tonight.

I remember when a few called Distin, Dustbin as well.

Difference with Distin was he had proven ability at this level. It was a good gamble taking him in.

We'll have to see on kid goals but he's looking more Barry Ferguson than Duncan Ferguson at this stage!

Difference with Distin was he had proven ability at this level. It was a good gamble taking him in.

We'll have to see on kid goals but he's looking more Barry Ferguson than Duncan Ferguson at this stage!

Hes not playing as a striker though and by that rationaile you could say Jele isnt PL quality tbh.

Remains to be seen certainly on tonights performence there would be very few, on one of your first 90 mins viewing you would be thinking this is a player here.

He doesnt look fit though, id agree.

He was more Sarah Ferguson than Barry Ferguson tonight tbf.

He was gash as were other players in the squad tonight. Im still not going to cast doubt over him just yet. Have to remember, the injury he has just came back from was really serious.

He was gash as were other players in the squad tonight. Im still not going to cast doubt over him just yet. Have to remember, the injury he has just came back from was really serious.

Abolutely, he could still come good in some capacity. Looks worryingly short of pace for the premier league though.

Abolutely, he could still come good in some capacity. Looks worryingly short of pace for the premier league though.

Everyone I know who's seen Naismith have said he's the dogs, I'm sure he'll come good. And before this game i'd not really thought he was bad or anything, just a decent squad player. We'll see.

Scored a hat trick against Athens, was sparklingly good against Orient in the last round, stank the place out tonight. The guy has ability. Which makes it all the more disappointing that he couldn't stand up and be counted when it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back