Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What we get from Naismith, at the very least; Effort, commitment, some goals,wins headers,tracks back, team player, seems to stay fit, not costing a fortune, no off the field problems. There are some players who have offered a lot less than that, yet had good careers at Everton.

He does A job but what grinds my gears is every time we have a chance to get forward he somehow ****s it up with a bad touch or pass . If he cut that out of his game and let other players get the ball up the field while he ran into the box then he would be a good player

People make their mind up what games he had when he's on the team sheet before the whistle is even blown

I'll give him a chance to do something bad before I grumble

Actually, it's not even a grumble anymore

It's more disapointment and melancholy than anger

Don't get me wrong, if he botches loads in a row, I'll get angry, but normally I just feel sorry for him

I'd love him to be good because he tries so bloody hard

He'll be looked back as a cult hero in the future I think

Pity he lacks pace. He would get better playing in the middle instead at right MF. Less exposed when it gets to pace. Not sure he has the passing skills though

Watched him at Hampden last night v Croatia, Man of the Match again!!!

..was talking to a Scots lad in work who went straight on Everton fans sites after the Scotland game and couldn't believe how much folk don't rate him. I appreciate standards are different, but they consider him a real player. I think he's a decent squad player, who can come up with important goals.

If we want to get where we all want to get to this isn't the sort of player we need.

Sadly. As he seems a nice hard working bloke.

...we aspire to be a top team with top players and if and when we reach that level, Naismith wont be the only one of the current squad who isn't good enough. It wasn't that long ago that lads like him would've made the starting 11 of a fully fit squad, so we are progressing. The manager clearly likes him and it will be a sign of further progression when he's not part of plans.

Anyone else starting to like Naisy? Hes becoming quite an important squad player for us in my opinion and always puts in a shift and think the bad publicity he gets sometimes is unfair because he is a decent player. Hes no game changer but you know what you will get from him and thats important

Pity he lacks pace. He would get better playing in the middle instead at right MF. Less exposed when it gets to pace. Not sure he has the passing skills though

I agree. At this level, if you don't have pace then you better have something else in your locker - exceptional playmaking, power, lethal finishing.. Something that scares the opposition on a regular basis. I just don't see what that is when I look at Naismith. Workrate doesn't really qualify - you expect that as a minimum from any professional footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back