Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showed he can pick a pass today though, naismith + jelavic in the centre next game?

Absolutely this. 2 up front against Norwich. There's a reason those 2 were loved at Rangers, play them together upfront instead of letting him become hated by the fans on the wing.

Decent first half, was very active and the guy certainly has a football brain. A couple of lovely touches thrown in.
Faded in the second yes but who didn't fade? They all did in my eyes. As a team.

Seems to me that some people like to stick the boot into certain individual players for little reason while certain others are let off the hook big time even when they have a howler. Give the guy a chance but remember he's not Lionel Messi.

Naismith is never going to be a superstar but in my opinion he is well worth having around. He has ability no question about it and he is more than up to the job of playing an active role in the team. Will never be an automatic first pick but nobody should be. Ever. I dont care who they are. I like some of his stuff so yeah he is a positive addition to the club.

Some good passes but did you see where he came from to get the goal? Great anticipation. If you didn't, watch it again.

I think that's one problem for him from a fans' perspective. Direct comparison with Jelavic. Jelavic comes from Rangers, Jelavic becomes a hero. Jelavic says Naismith is his fave striking partner at Rangers. We sign Naismith. And.... as you say, we shouldn't expect too much too soon.

But jeez I hope he improves

As a pair when starting at Rangers they scored 40 goals in 22 starts. They have 3 in just 4 starts together for Everton, Naismith with 2 of those. Start them together, they will score goals.

He's scored two very good poacher efforts in recent weeks. But he's very lightweight and not the best on the ball. Perhaps further forward and not out wide would be his best position?

It's not even close to his best position. Might as well put him at right back.

Closer to goal, the better. He's also pretty good in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back