Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Therein lies the problem - he's clearly not a winger. He's scored and looked lively this season when arriving late in the box centrally, a la Cahill.

People are judging him based on being out of position but I'm seeing positives in his movement off the ball and his general intelligence. Maybe not a "top drawer" player but he's certainly deserving of a place in our set up.

His movement around the box is good he's fairly crafty at finding space. His distribution and composure are a bit poor though, i'd like to see him get a run behind jelavic whilst we have injuries but as usual moyes will square peg round hole him.

What was he doing he just made bad decision why didn't he square the ball to Jelavic towards the end?

What the bloody hell was he playing at with that ball in to Jelavic when it was 2 on 2? Piece of piss ball that, and he messed it up.

What the bloody hell was he playing at with that ball in to Jelavic when it was 2 on 2? Piece of piss ball that, and he messed it up.

I'm still fuming more about that than i am anything else, just pathetic.

What was he thinking? How can any player at this level, or even any level above Sunday League get such an easy important ball so wrong.

I was starting to warm to him but that was just awful.

What was he thinking? How can any player at this level, or even any level above Sunday League get such an easy important ball so wrong.

bit harsh on sunday league players that, couldn't get an easier lay off in any game at any level, it was just god damn sh!te

I liked his attitude. The fans warmed to him as he was putting in a hell of a shift and took his goal well. Still not sure if he's got the quality we need though. He definitely won't make it out on the right. It's number ten or nothing with him.

True.
But he is deadly from 4 yards .. which basicaly means he's good at getting into that position

Mucha as I love Osman I wish he was as deadly when in those positions.

would like to see him start behind jelavic against arsenal.

would like to see something like

an actual good goalkeeper
some people who can actually defend
fellaini osman/hitz
mirallas naismith oviedo
jelavic

that way at least if it doesnt work we can throw fellaini forward to change it up

I don't understand him. He has great flashes, gets some good poacher goals but then is terrible for most of the match. Granted I think this was by far his best game yet and if he is going to play it should be off the striker and not wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back