Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had his best competitive game as an Everton player today. He showed some intelligent touches and passes and there were a few passages of play that suggested that his understanding with Jelavic Rangers fans were always on about is still there. It's a shame for him Fellaini is an automatic starter in that position as today showed he can be effective there. On another day he could have had a couple of assists to go with his goal today.

Is that when they made flicks to each other that were in the oppositie direction to where they'd moved or when they ran into each other's space?

I actually thought naismith played well but anyway who thought Jelavic's problem was Fellaini got a wake up call today. He was terrible, it was like he was playing on a different pitch to the rest of the team.

Is that when they made flicks to each other that were in the oppositie direction to where they'd moved or when they ran into each other's space?

I actually thought naismith played well but anyway who thought Jelavic's problem was Fellaini got a wake up call today. He was terrible, it was like he was playing on a different pitch to the rest of the team.

Not necessarily. They've been playing with Fellaini there all season pretty much, so you wouldn't expect the team to change the way they were playing immediately. Still think Fellaini has played a part in Jelavic's drop in goals.

I think he's an intelligent footballer in the mould of a Brian McLair. He's also got the best strike rate at the club. Ideally we'd play him in behind Jelavic but Fellaini offers us too much in that position. Once Mirallas is fit again I'd like to see Naismith pressuring Pienaar for his place. I think Baines and Naismith could link up well down the left.

He's a good player and seems to be partial to important goals too much like Cahill. He'll be a handy player to have around the squad and could well push for a first team place if he keeps his strike rate up, I fully expect him to start against Arsenal because I think he'll be the one to score the winner against them.

What about the crapness of his play? Can we blame that on Fellaini, too?

That would be Moyes telling him to stop scoring and Kenwright not buying him goals mate. Also Neville is largely responsible for his missing any sitters because he points in a different direction to the goal thus confusing him, whilst Osman is two lightweight to effect his shooting trajectory.. He on the other hand is not a hate figure.. yet.. so is exempt from blame.

That would be Moyes telling him to stop scoring and Kenwright not buying him goals mate. Also Neville is largely responsible for his missing any sitters because he points in a different direction to the goal thus confusing him, whilst Osman is two lightweight to effect his shooting trajectory.. He on the other hand is not a hate figure.. yet.. so is exempt from blame.

Have you been drinking ?

He is techically not the best, but I like his energy, and his positional play is quite brilliant.

What really can you expect on a free from Rangers.

Good squad player.

I liked what he offered today until he got moved out to the wing. I was pleasantly surprised. Got more into my good graces, and he knew that pass that he missed was crap - his reaction to it said enough. He's gotten himself out of the "meh" category, but still don't think he's a starter. With that said, same with Oviedo - he's better than Gueye!

That pass was pretty unforgivable- there was no bobble, no one really approaching him- all he had to do was square it or even take a shot. I actually think 99% of this forum could have made a better pass than that.

I think his best position is centre forward- none of this wide or off the striker stuff- literally up there with another striker in a 4-4-2. He's not a bad fox in the box but I think hes a squad player and no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back