Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our very own version of Dirk Kuyt. Works his socks off, gets the odd goal, but not good enough for a team looking to build on current progress levels. A statement of intent, where the intent is to tread water. No hard feelings to the guy though.

Our very own version of Dirk Kuyt. Works his socks off, gets the odd goal, but not good enough for a team looking to build on current progress levels. A statement of intent, where the intent is to tread water. No hard feelings to the guy though.

except kuyt is twice the player naismith will ever be lol in fairness to the lad though he could improve should never play on the wings though he looks better behind jelly

One of our 'fans' was being a total bel end at the game yesterday. Slated the entire team all match long, in particular Naismith. Heard him say 'Stupid Scottish C**T' and 'F*** off you Hun b**tard' quite a few times.

Some of our fans are right melts.

One of our 'fans' was being a total bel end at the game yesterday. Slated the entire team all match long, in particular Naismith. Heard him say 'Stupid Scottish C**T' and 'F*** off you Hun b**tard' quite a few times.

Some of our fans are right melts.

Remember at a Saturday early kick off game a couple of seasons ago, forget which tbh, some bad stiffy in LG GT7 was constantly, foul-mouthedly berating our defence for no discernible reason other than he thought he was nails. Some older fella a couple of rows back told him to shut up, to which he got called out. The older fella was clearly a bit shaken up by this. A girl in the Lower Bullens then chimed in, quite rightly telling the beaut to get behind the team and stop being a nob. He threatened to spark her too. An absolute grock about 6 seats down then stood up and called him out in no uncertain terms for that. Cue the div ringing his mates. A few lanky skinhead lads turned up and they all got up and headed for the door, as did the LB big fella...

Far as I heard the plank went outside and was used to mop the chips off the corner of Gwladys St and Bullens Rd. His mates too. At least, the big guy was back in his same seat the following week without a mark on him. The tit wasn't. Remember thinking that yeah, we've got our fair share of pond life in the stands, as has any club, but how many clubs' fanbase can boast a young girl amongst them would stand up for their team and other supporters like that in the face of someone clearly in the mood for trouble and in a position to dole it out? Credit to the big fella who put him right too, told the cnut to get outside so that he didn't get banned for booting off in front of loads of women and kids.

The bellends are in the minority pal, and while our support maintains its current moral bearing, they'll remain as such.

Didn't Moyes reckon he needs time and the fans will need to be patient with him ?.think that's fair,i'll reserve judgement for this season where I think he was only ever intended to be a squad player.hey 3 goals isn't so bad is it so far ?.

People are never happy are they?

1. We need a squad of players. We have the likes of Fellaini, Jelavic and Mirallas but you also need the likes of Naismith and Oviedo. You can't just have 1 good player for each position, you need options.

2. The lad is at a new club, coming back from a massive injury and is being played out of position. He can only attempt to do the job he's told to do without being in his proper groove.

Give the lad a chance. We sang Shandy's name on the terraces without him really doing anything just because he was a name. I'm willing to be patient with Nais for a season. Moyes is building a squad here.

I'm keeping an open mind on Naismith.

I think he reads the game well and knows how to pick a pass and can shoot well.

He's been making a lot of simple mistakes recently but I think that's due to confidence, returning from the long injury etc. He gets in good positions and spots other people's runs well. His passing will improve as his form and confidence come back. I think he'll end up being a useful player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back