Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thierry Henry is the French Naismith.

tumblr_m1n6foqlPJ1qfxktpo1_1280.jpg

All I want for Christmas is for people to stop slating Naismith and to get off his back.

Expressing an opinion on here isn't getting on his back. I have never booed an Everton player and never will. I have no doubts he's trying his best. I just think he's a bit ****. Sorry if that offends you but I just think he's not up to it.

Give him time, He is scoring when he plays! will take time to see if he has what it takes to step up to level required in the prem! If he dosen't then moyes will get rid! Not like we payed 10-20 million for him!

You'd think we'd have learnt the lesson by now. I mean it's not like Baines, Jags, Lescott et al started their Everton careers like a house on fire.

Give him time and then judge him. He's hardly had an extended run in the team to make an impact. We shouldn't expect all signings to have an instant impact ala Jelavic.

You'd think we'd have learnt the lesson by now. I mean it's not like Baines, Jags, Lescott et al started their Everton careers like a house on fire.

Give him time and then judge him. He's hardly had an extended run in the team to make an impact. We shouldn't expect all signings to have an instant impact ala Jelavic.
People keep judging him against Mirrallas, Jelavic and Gibson, whos impact has been instant. He wasnt bought in as a starter, more competition to starting berths.

He doesn't have the attributes or skill set to be a winger, if he is going to be used primarily as a back up winger, then he is in for some pretty poor reviews I'm afraid. Hopefully we will bring in more suited competition on the wing, and he does seem to be able to find space in the box, from what I've seen so far I'd honestly rather have Vic coming on in the last 20 if we needed a goal, but he will still fair a lot better in that role.

Naismith is OK. Wouldn't say he is great or s h i t e. He gets into great scoring positions and has already got half the goals of Jelavic in half the starts. Felli and Jelavic are the only ones that have scored more goals than him. OK his link up play isn't as sharp as it should be and he gets caught in 2 minds now and again, but give the lad a chance. His first season in the PL his first season with us and probably his first season out of position. Taking that into consideration he is doing fine and will turn into a trusted steady player. A bit like Kuyt, hard working and getting the odd important goal. I think he will be a very valuable squad player and for the price we paid he is a bargain make no bones about it.

I like him.. 3 goals, good shot it seems as well... write up before hte Arsenal game.

- Steven Naismith struck for a second successive game against Norwich, and is playing well. With an 85.7 percent rate of accuracy (six on target and just one off target this season), he’s been Everton’s sharpest shooter this season.

http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com...-for-everton-vs-walcotts-assists-for-arsenal/

His shooting is better than I thought.. He rarely gets 90 minutes and no one improves like that, personally I think he will do well for us next season.

The main thing for me is when he's bad he's absolutely bloody awful, some of his attempts to control and pass a ball make me look good, and no player should be that bad regardless of whether they're out of position or had an injury, Osman while not good at right mid was never as bad, and players like Jags may not have been quite as good as they were pre injury they certainly were never as bad as Naismith has been at times.

However he's also shown glimpes of being a useful player so i'm happy to give him at least a season to see if he can improve and reach an acceptable level, could be extermal reasons for his poor moments rather than he's just gash.

Expressing an opinion on here isn't getting on his back. I have never booed an Everton player and never will. I have no doubts he's trying his best. I just think he's a bit ****. Sorry if that offends you but I just think he's not up to it.

I don't think it was a personal comment against you mate.

While saying he's been poor is a perfectly acceptable thing to post, i believe TX is referring to the comments (of which there have been plenty) saying stuff like 'SELL HIM HE'S PROPA CRAP LAR'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back