Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines,Jagielka,Lescott and even Arteta all struggled at Everton for quite some time before they really settled and played their best football.
Lescott spent almost an entire season playing left back because he couldn't get a game at centre half and while playing there he kept Baines out of the team.
Arteta spent a couple of seasons playing out wide before he moved into central midfield and for a while there were many who said that Jagielka would never make a premiership defender.
Naismith is coming from from a really bad injury is at a new club ,a new league where the football is at a far higher standard.He will take time to settle.He has done some things well and some things not so well,overall he has been a decent signing for free and he certainly has a good attitude.
Next season will be better time to make a considered judgement.

Lescott played left back so that moyes could keep stubbs in the team, their were plenty of fans who wanted lescott at CH and for Baines to start at left back, that was a case of Moyes being slow in adapting his starting line up rather than the players not settling. Afew injuries aside it was obvious Arteta was a talented footballer from the start. Jags is a better example, look beyond awful in midfield, and got a bit of stick till moved to his proper position.

The thread is peoples thoughts on Naismith, unfortunately Moyes is playing him outwide, so peoples thoughts are based on those performances, except for a few like Bluejock who had seen a bit of him anyway (and still thought he was gash). Just because its not his first choice position, doesn't mean people are going to be happy with poop performances there, and that is whats reflected in the poor reviews hes getting from many.

In fact with all the players mentioned, its been a case of Moyes either using them wrong, or having to ask them to do a job they aren't suited due to cirmcumstance, so I do get the argument, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he will be a player for us.

just look at the start of Fellaini or Gibson threads everyone needs a season to settle in some of the comments here are very harsh given his injuries and coming from a micky mouse league to the Premiership

After half a season of games he isn't really still coming back from injury, he is playing in the wrong position though.

I don't really mind him but he is better behind the striker.

just look at the start of Fellaini or Gibson threads everyone needs a season to settle in

Gibson didn't take any time to settle nor did Jelavic or Mirallas.

It might be unfair to naismith that he's being compared to that company but that's what's happening. He's the only one of our recent signings not to hit the ground running when played.

After half a season of games he isn't really still coming back from injury, he is playing in the wrong position though.

I don't really mind him but he is better behind the striker.

He's played the equivalent of 8 full games mate, in a league which is a much higher pace than he's used to. Like i said, he needs time. People were slating Fellaini after a dozen games when he first arrived.

Gibson didn't take any time to settle nor did Jelavic or Mirallas.

It might be unfair to naismith that he's being compared to that company but that's what's happening. He's the only one of our recent signings not to hit the ground running when played.

Oviedo hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire mate. He's looked alright but i think the fact that he's got a bit of pace and trickery hides the fact that he's looked very out of his depth at times.

Oviedo hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire mate. He's looked alright but i think the fact that he's got a bit of pace and trickery hides the fact that he's looked very out of his depth at times.

Yeah, I agree there. Hitzlsperger hasn't been more than just solid too.

But naismith has had the most games out of those three and made the most obvious mistakes.

The problem isn't naismith, the problem is Mirallas is made of glass and we have no other acceptable cover.

Yeah, I agree there. Hitzlsperger hasn't been more than just solid too.

But naismith has had the most games out of those three and made the most obvious mistakes.

The problem isn't naismith, the problem is Mirallas is made of glass and we have no other acceptable cover.

It's funny though, you could go back to the Donovan thread and find plenty of people a couple of months ago saying we 'didn't need' any more wide players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back