Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do. Go look at his thread, lots of people do.
If he actually played in his right position, he would of been good.
Moyes plays people in their wrong position and then complains. ****ing retard moyes.

Bily has barely ever played behind a striker. Its a complete myth that he did.

Naismith puts more energy into a game than Bily did, even if still unproductive in end result. He did however, score the goals in three games when nobody else knew the way to the net.

Jury still out for me.

Baines,Jagielka,Lescott and even Arteta all struggled at Everton for quite some time before they really settled and played their best football.
Lescott spent almost an entire season playing left back because he couldn't get a game at centre half and while playing there he kept Baines out of the team.
Arteta spent a couple of seasons playing out wide before he moved into central midfield and for a while there were many who said that Jagielka would never make a premiership defender.
Naismith is coming from from a really bad injury is at a new club ,a new league where the football is at a far higher standard.He will take time to settle.He has done some things well and some things not so well,overall he has been a decent signing for free and he certainly has a good attitude.
Next season will be better time to make a considered judgement.

Baines,Jagielka,Lescott and even Arteta all struggled at Everton for quite some time before they really settled and played their best football.
Lescott spent almost an entire season playing left back because he couldn't get a game at centre half and while playing there he kept Baines out of the team.
Arteta spent a couple of seasons playing out wide before he moved into central midfield and for a while there were many who said that Jagielka would never make a premiership defender.
Naismith is coming from from a really bad injury is at a new club ,a new league where the football is at a far higher standard.He will take time to settle.He has done some things well and some things not so well,overall he has been a decent signing for free and he certainly has a good attitude.
Next season will be better time to make a considered judgement.

Amen. People wilfully forget things like the above though because they love a scapegoat.

Nobody wants Naismith playing on the right, whether he's good or bad is irrelivant.

Mirallas is first choice obviously but we should have a better option than Naismith there. We don't seem to, though.

Barkley and Osman come to mind but they'd be just as out of position as Naismith, same with Oviedo or Coleman and Kennedy is very young. Anichebe has played there but it's not his position. Pienaar could do a job, with Oviedo left wing but I'm not convinced you want to break up the Baines-Pienaar partnerhsip.

We just don't have any good options to deputise for Mirallas and Kev seems to be made of glass, hence the furstation.

Nobody wants Naismith playing on the right, whether he's good or bad is irrelivant.

Mirallas is first choice obviously but we should have a better option than Naismith there. We don't seem to, though.

Barkley and Osman come to mind but they'd be just as out of position as Naismith, same with Oviedo or Coleman and Kennedy is very young. Anichebe has played there but it's not his position. Pienaar could do a job, with Oviedo left wing but I'm not convinced you want to break up the Baines-Pienaar partnerhsip.

We just don't have any good options to deputise for Mirallas and Kev seems to be made of glass, hence the furstation.

Yeah but that doesn't justify some of the flak Naismith gets. I get frustrated and a lot of others do but they don't feel the need to blast Naismith for not being particularly good on the wing when he's never a winger.

I have a feeling about him that he'll actually become an important player for us as a second striker. He'll get us goals. As far as I can see Osman is the player he'll be replacing in the team, so he'll be waiting a while for his chance. Meanwhile he'll slot in on the right when Mirallas is out and get slated for appearing gash.

Despite my overall positive feeling about him I'm still annoyed about simple square pass he should have played in for Jella to slot bossly. (against Reading??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back