Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah our wage bill is by far our biggest expense, not transfers. That's where our money goes. Naismith isn't free in any sense at all.

He's not just training with us, either. He's playing nearly every game.

Everton still have to pay him a wage though. I'm sorry but the very basic of football is controlling the ball and he can't do it. And he doesn't seem able to do much else either.

Trust me I'm not a fan - but I can see a half sensible business logic in picking up an international player on a free, givign him a go for a season and then flogging him at the end of it. Remember too there was all sorts of talk of his past partnership with Jellavic.

I do cry when I see him out on the right wing though. And I agree he doesnt even seem to have the most basic of skills.

I was actually quite excited when we signed him thinking about the link between him and jela. But having seen three games on tele in a row. I cant beleive how bad he is. Such a bad first touch. Its not all that bad coz we got him for free, but if we end up having to pay a fee after tribunal, it could be one of the worst players moyes has paid for.
SHOCKING!!!!!

First touch is absolutely non-existant at times. Don't agree with him being played on the right either, but at this moment in time it's more a case of needs must.

When everyone is fully fit, I'd like to see him playing off Jelavic and dropping Fellaini back. See what he has to offer there. If it persists, then it needs to be addressed.

Give him a full season aye lad, FFS. We won 5-1 last night and yet again, our fans are looking for negatives.

This really pisses me off

Just because we won 5-1 doesnt mean we cant pick out someone who played like a sunday league player and say something negative about him

Winning doesnt cover up the fact that the lad cant control the ball or pass it 5 yards

Anymore details on the serious injury he had lads?

Think it was his cruciate in his right knee. He's also previously done the left one and come back and looked fairly good even in the champions league. I still feel he needs this full season just to regain fitness. Will be next season before we really see the best of im, and then only if he's played in the right position , which is not right wing.

That he seems to regularly pop up in dangerous places in the box and get good chances gives me hope for him. I think played through the middle he could be a decent option, and at the very least he'll give us a great shift elsewhere.

Despite him being signed on a free, I still want a refund.

This "dodgy" contract that says he "must" play a certain number of minutes or we are penalised, can't be true.

So why is he starting ahead of Victor?

victor on the wing is better than him on his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back