Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he gets in good places to score goals (playing as an attacking mid) - he is never a right mid all day long. I'd like to see him actually play at least one game in his normal position before i write him off

Here comes the comes the scapegoat hunters in full. Was definately NOT the worst player on that pitch tonight you boring carts. Have a word with yourselves. We was terrible as a whole tonight!

He was probably second or third worst, which isn't impressive considering most of our players were terrible.

The thing with Naismith though is he is consistently terrible.

he gets in good places to score goals (playing as an attacking mid) - he is never a right mid all day long. I'd like to see him actually play at least one game in his normal position before i write him off

Wasnt he a striker in Scotland?

His legs are too wee. But he was no worse than some of our other players tonight. I just don't think right midfield is his place at all, it's unfair to rip too much into him until he's given a go at his best position which is off the main striker, apparently.

Brilliant from his wiki

He well wrote this himself

Although Naismith traditionally started his career as a striker, he has recently been effectively used as a midfielder.[SUP][89][/SUP] Naismith has been used on both right and left flanks for Rangers but also as a central midfielder with his versatility a key attribute.[SUP][89][/SUP] Former coach at Kilmarnock Billy Brown likened Naismith's play with Alan Smith who started his career as a striker but ended up playing midfield forManchester United.[SUP][89]
[/SUP]Naismith's play has also been attributed to his committed and fearless nature with an awareness and shrewdness which is required to play in a number of positions on the park.[SUP][89][/SUP] Craig Levein was known to utilise Naismith for his attacking instincts, workrate and sense of responsibility during his tenure as Scotland manager.[SUP][89][/SUP] Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes that Naismith's natural zest and enthusiasm are some of his biggest strengths.[SUP][65][/SUP]

His legs are too wee. But he was no worse than some of our other players tonight. I just don't think right midfield is his place at all, it's unfair to rip too much into him until he's given a go at his best position which is off the main striker, apparently.

Hes just terrible, he often finds himself off the main striker and he still cant pass, hes just utter pants.

But its not his fault tonight, around 9 other players played like complete tosh.

I felt he was one of our better players tonight and he did put a shift in. His physique isn't suited for all opposition though.

Didn't do too bad, tbf. But he offers us practically nothing. He's barely a Championship player imo. Hiis positional sense is a disgrace...that's my main gripe with him. He has no sense of space whatsoever. I've yet to see him act in a disciplined way on a football pitch. Your manager put you on the right, so friggin' do a job out there.

My main thought on Naismith is that he isn't in tune with the rest of the team - which, given he's been on the pitch in every league game this season is something of a disappointment. Now this is either because he isn't good enough or he's just not reading the playbook properly. I find him in just the wrong place all the time, not quite on the end of a pass, sometimes in the way of another player (this is perhaps indicative of being too anxious to please as he really should be a fringe player not a starter). If he calmed down a little bit and found a place in the side (wherever his best place might be) then he'd do better. I suspect a combination of overcoming his injury and trying to overcome some of the doubters is to blame.

There was one point where Mirallas had the option to play it to Naismith who had space on the right, but obviously thought '[Poor language removed] that' and held on to it despite having bodies round him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back