Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored two very good poacher efforts in recent weeks. But he's very lightweight and not the best on the ball. Perhaps further forward and not out wide would be his best position?

Um, sorry RFUS, can you please stop being logical and be more sensationalist in your posts please ? We just lost and your attitude is not acceptable.

Anyway, notice how he kept on drifting inside all the time and leading Coleman exposed guys ? That's because he's a STRIKER. He's clearly not comfortable being out on the wing, and would be much better suited playing alongside Jelavic (or behind him). If there is one small positive from Fellaini being suspended it's that we may finally see Naismith in that position with Mirallas on the right hand side.

Having said that, i don't think he had a very good game today. Then again, he scored, and as a striker that's what his job is.

Tubey made an interesting point about Jelavic's recent dip in form, that Fellaini could be something to do with it. I have a distinct feeling that Naismith scampering around up front would lead to Jelavic getting on the end of chances a lot more.

I usually have an opinion on players, but on Naismith, I just havent made my mind up !
He seems to find space, seems to get a few goals, but can look gash.. all in the same game ?

Him behind Jelavic.

Pienaar and Mirallas wide.

Fellaini and Gibson in centre mid.

Mind blown.

The fact that him & the croat scored like 40 goals between them pretty much backs this up.

Him behind Jelavic.

Pienaar and Mirallas wide.

Fellaini and Gibson in centre mid.

Mind blown.

The fact that him & the croat scored like 40 goals between them pretty much backs this up.

agree with that formation. definitely our best midfield and front line

:lol:

Exactly this for me too. Brilliantly put :)

It does sum him up doesn't it!

It is true, too often 1 goal means he played well or 1 mistake means he played poor (for any player), sometimes it can be different.

Seems that in most games he's had for us he's done some good things where you think there's a decent player in there, then he'll have some poor control or play a crap pass and you think he's gash.

Hopefully he'll get a game behind Jelavic on Sat and do well.

I had to laugh reading his thoughts this morning defending Coleman's performances. He wants to get his own house in order.

I had to laugh reading his thoughts this morning defending Coleman's performances. He wants to get his own house in order.

I thought the same. If we stop having a go at Coleman he would be the next in line.

I do think Naismith has something though, its just not working for him yet.

he's not a great player, but a decent backup for ACM, he makes great runs into good areas and would get us probs 10 goals a season with tap ins if he was a regular. has a good understanding with jelavic

...but doesn't do a lot else. God knows why moyes is playing him on the right though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back