Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
made a mockery of clichy for jelavic's goal. i don't mind him, think he's a decent player, would at least like to see him being given the chance to play behind jelavic. they linked up well in pre-season, had a good understanding and yet, it's never even been tried this season despite jelavic's goal struggles

This would be a sensible idea.

Please guys I know this sounds asinine but give this guy another season. ACL injuries take about a year to heal then another year for the guy to get his bearing back and be able to play at full speed. Next season I think he'll definitely be better.

He needs a run of games. Problem is he's to poor to get that run of games for us. Maybe if we manage Europe next year he will be more usefull.

If not and we invest in some new players next year, send him out on loan for a season.

It doesnt really matter where he plays, he simply cant play football.

Good luck to the fella next Season, as long as its not at Everton.

This.

Seems like a nice enough kid off the pitch but he cant be talked seriously about as an Everton player. Sell him in the summer or put him out on loan to a Championship team who might decide to eventually buy him.

It would be much better for him at the moment to play away games only, because he wouldn't get slaughtered as bad just for entering the pitch like he does at home. The lads confidence must be shattered when, before he even touches the ball all he can hear is groans and moaning. Yes he hasn't shown the promise we'd have hoped for, but there is little chance of that happening if the booboys continually hound him. Don't forget he plays for the club we LOVE but it's not going to help him or the team play better if he's scared to make a mistake, knowing what's coming next from the terraces.

Must admit to being guilty of this occasionally. I actually like Naismith in the sense that he puts a shift in when he's on the pitch. He shouldn't be playing on the right though. I'd have him down the centre

Must admit to being guilty of this occasionally. I actually like Naismith in the sense that he puts a shift in when he's on the pitch. He shouldn't be playing on the right though. I'd have him down the centre

A player needs to be quick of thought and nimble of feet to survive and do well in that position in this league.

He looks massively out of his depth and hasn't even for one second tricked me into thinking he's anywhere near the standard required for the upper echelons of this league.

Ouch

I have seen him do okay when we've played him in support of Vic or Jelavic at certain points this season (but that was against weaker opposition and pre-season, which doesn't count for much)

He fits the Gareth Farrelly mould for me: nice lad, cant do the job.

Let's face it, he's only getting any game time at all because Moyes brought him in and wasted wages and a signing on fee for him. If we lost Moyes in the summer this lad might as well jump in his suitcase with him.

He fits the Gareth Farrelly mould for me: nice lad, cant do the job.

Let's face it, he's only getting any game time at all because Moyes brought him in and wasted wages and a signing on fee for him. If we lost Moyes in the summer this lad might as well jump in his suitcase with him.

I was genuinely excited when he signed as well (due to the fact that he and Jelavic were quite the potent pair back in the Rangers days), but he hasn't had as great an impact as I expected. I bear him no personal ill will though and who knows, maybe he'll get better?

I think reactions to him are extreme, i was really disapointed with the reaction to him coming on at the weekend, he hasnt had a run in the team, but some of his movement is very clever and hes as keen as mustard, if you watch him of the ball his movement in terms of decoy runs and general runs are quite clever. We're not very good at picking him out, that and hes been asked to put in a grock shift every so often - he has a great attitude and i think he contributes. Anyone coming down from the SPL will take a while to adjust to the pace and as hes not gifted with blinding pace so his mind needs to be quicker - he has that in his locker - i would be far from binning him yet.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back