Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he needs to improve his passing if hes going to be brought on to close games down, his defensive work is good though, and agree he'd be better on the left than Osman. Wouldnt drop Barkley for him though, that is utter madness, could Naismith play the ball that Barkley played to Mirralas for the 2nd goal

Full of sunshine you eh? Picking on our players, could you do any better? Support the players we have, that's what Evertoninans are all about - getting behind OUR team

Full of sunshine you eh? Picking on our players, could you do any better? Support the players we have, that's what Evertoninans are all about - getting behind OUR team

i get behind them at the game, then praise the ones i thought did well and criticise the ones we should improve on on a forum, because that is the appropriote place to do it

Anyone else starting to like Naisy? Hes becoming quite an important squad player for us in my opinion and always puts in a shift and think the bad publicity he gets sometimes is unfair because he is a decent player. Hes no game changer but you know what you will get from him and thats important

Agree with this! Thought he did ok when he came on on Saturday!

I actually would go as far as saying I quite like him these days. He's having a much better season than he did last and you know what you're going to get with him, he's a hard worker and can play reasonably well across a few of the attacking positions. A good squad player, he's unlikely to rock the boat.

He runs, he tries, I like that. It's just his poor first touches and lack of creativity that means he looses the ball - a lot. God loves a trier though hey.

He's a bit like Cahill without the set piece threat imo.
Average ability, but not lacking enough that he can't get away with it, 100% commited to the cause, pops up with the odd goal (not to Cahill's standard admittedly), works hard every game.
Good player to have in the squad but won't provide much wow factor for those that want to see the tricks and flair moves.

he needs to improve his passing if hes going to be brought on to close games down, his defensive work is good though, and agree he'd be better on the left than Osman. Wouldnt drop Barkley for him though, that is utter madness, could Naismith play the ball that Barkley played to Mirralas for the 2nd goal

I'm with you. I think it's great that people aren't getting on his back as much during games, but I'm still disappointed when I see him coming on. A team in the hunt for Europe can't carry a player who struggles with the basics.

After his tidy finish vs Villa I think he's worth a run there until Lukaku and Traore are fully fit.

Reminds me of how Marcus Bent and AJ used to finish goals...hopefully with a run of 3 or 4 games uptop he might bag a couple more important goals for us.

Reminds me of how Marcus Bent and AJ used to finish goals...hopefully with a run of 3 or 4 games uptop he might bag a couple more important goals for us.
I think it was a better pure finish than any Bent or Johnson ever scored for us. Bent barely ever scored and when AJ did he tended to put his laces through the ball rather than drag it wide of the keeper with his outside foot. Reminded me of Michael Owen in his prime.

Doing it once every two seasons isn't enough though, and as much as I like Naismith I don't think he warrants an extended run in the starting eleven yet. If he keeps getting important goals off the bench I might change my mind.

Doing it once every two seasons isn't enough though, and as much as I like Naismith I don't think he warrants an extended run in the starting eleven yet. If he keeps getting important goals off the bench I might change my mind.

He needs a run at CF to prove how good he really can be for us. Normally he's been played on the wing or as attacking-mid/second striker.

With Lukaku/Traore still not up to it next 2 or 3 games, and Mirallas clearly better in his normal position, we don't actually have a choice, other than to play Vellios. But Martinez's made it very clear he doesn't trust Vellios to do a job for us.

Hes so bad it hurts.

I personally think McFadden is 10 times the player.

Utter garbage.

Hes still GASH.

Hes next level utter gash.

We clearly overpaid.

He's a bit crap isn't he?

Interesting Naismith fact.

If you arrange the letters in his name, it spells out

I AM SUPER GASH.

You have read this thread yeah?

NOBODY LIKES HIM

He's ours now.

And that's that

*sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back