Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s better than the RBs of all the teams in the bottom half. He might have slowed a bit due to age but he’s still a good player

He was an outstanding player, not a good one. But now that he's lost his pace, he's a player opposition sides are targetting. You can't play full back in modern football after your legs have gone.

Totally understand Lampard not playing him. Putting young lad into this situation could ruin him. What I'll never understand is buying RB + LB, neither with any PL experience or ready to start in relegation fight.
He's got a very strong personality. I don't think it would ruin him. He's highly energetic and positive and I'd say the choice is Everton either sit in and defend or they try and win games. To win games you need to drive fwd and this lad can do that. I thought he would need some development over next year maybe two defensively and then be absolutely top class. I think you can throw him in now at least as a sub as his style of play carries the whole team up the field. Or you sit in for the zero and virtually guarantee defeat and maybe relegation :(

...no he wont, Coleman will. And Kenny will be on the bench or at LB. And rightly so.

The same defence that shipped only 1 goal against Leeds and City are our best bet in home games.
So your 'Plan B' is to keep doing the same things that have put Everton on the cusp of the unthinkable!! Brilliant!! ?
"Such decisions get clubs relegated.' ?

So your 'Plan B' is to keep doing the same things that have put Everton on the cusp of the unthinkable!! Brilliant!! ?
"Such decisions get clubs relegated.' ?
Here's Broderick from Bearsden telling our manager he's wrong again.

Go and sort your own team out.

...no he wont, Coleman will. And Kenny will be on the bench or at LB. And rightly so.

The same defence that shipped only 1 goal against Leeds and City are our best bet in home games.
Only at Everton could you start the season with the French International left back, two young up and coming backups in Nkounkou and Small, and be hoping towards the end of the very same season that a championship standard (at best!) right back might fit in at left back!
Ta muchly Mr Benitez!
Oh and to stay on topic, Patterson needs to be given a chance at right back, that was a truly awful performance, if you can call it that from Seamus last night!

Think we are all being too harsh on Coleman. Lad is an Everton legend. Guy was in PL teams of the year not long ago. He’d still walk into half the teams in the league

He’s better than the RBs of all the teams in the bottom half. He might have slowed a bit due to age but he’s still a good player

Words fail me...surely you jest?

I dont agree with a single thing lol

Words fail me...surely you jest?

I dont agree with a single thing lol

I don’t jest mate, he’s not a Reece James or Cancelo anymore but he’s a good premier league RB.

For example look at man united’s RBs in Wan-Bissaka and Dalot. He’s better than both of them. If you look at the RBs across the league he gets in about 10/11 starting XIs.

first you think richy would stay even if we were relegated and now this?

i don't think anyone is this stupid, are you on a wind up here?
1). Richy said directly that he wanted to play in the champions league one day with Everton? I don’t think he says that if he doesn’t love the club.

2). I don’t think saying Coleman is better than Dalot and Wan-Bissaka is controversial. Sorry for believing in our players/club and getting behind them.

1). Richy said directly that he wanted to play in the champions league one day with Everton? I don’t think he says that if he doesn’t love the club.

2). I don’t think saying Coleman is better than Dalot and Wan-Bissaka is controversial. Sorry for believing in our players/club and getting behind them.

I think you are mixing up the champions league and the championship here mate. You do know they are different competitions? You can't play in both of them

Are you on a wind up here mate? I noticed you joined when we were 3 nil down yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back