Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever starts on Sunday, we need to get behind the team. Sadly, Seamus isn’t as quick as he used to be, but some of the stick being bandied isn’t accurate. He will give 100% and his leadership qualities needed. I haven’t seen enough of Patterson but based on feedback from Frank et al, plus his showing against Boreham Wood, throwing him into a relegation dogfight might not be the best idea. I’d rather go with Coleman and / or Kenny in defence. Upfront however, I’d like to see Dobbin given more of a run-out as he looks confident, tenacious and hungry.
Nah, I'm behind the team 100% and I'm going to game Sunday. But I'm done with Coleman, it's not his fault, but teams are going to start targeting him after seeing that, they know he's a weak link.

How are we going to expect to get anything from the Newcastle game? The Goodison crowd cannot stop Allan Saint Maximan from running three times the speed of Coleman.

Of course he will. He'll be playing for the rest of the season unless he gets injured.

You only have to have listened to half of what Lampard has said about his options at RB to know that.

turd_polish_thumb.webp
He's a scrapper at worst and he can do a job for us especially at home...I dont remember any complaints about his game against Leeds or against City. Funny that.

If people want to find a whipping boy go and choose one of the utter 'kin cowards like DCL to take it out on.

An absolutely ludicrous signing because we needed a player to come in and actually play. Not a lad with such little experience. I'm sorry, it was stupid, and a prime example of the club not realising how much crap they were in.

I hope he gets a go but it's also completely unfair to the lad to expect him to come in and help improve us either, even if we think that shouldn't be hard.

Based on what?

In just not having Patterson is any worse than Coleman, one thing we do know is he's younger and faster, Coleman offers NOTHING, literally doesn't offer a single positive thing.

Patterson must start moving forward
Nobodys saying Seamus is world class, the clubs failed to replace him for years but shouting and wishing a kid to be good- doesn't mean he'll be good - Unless you're Steve Clark and know better than Slippy, Gvb, Benitez, Ferguson and Lampard,

Nobodys saying Seamus is world class, the clubs failed to replace him for years but shouting and wishing a kid to be good- doesn't mean he'll be good - Unless you're Steve Clark and know better than Slippy, Gvb, Benitez, Ferguson and Lampard,
We've just conceded 5, and Coleman had a direct role in a couple of them, we've won 2 league games in about 5 months, most of which Coleman has played and you think we should be playing him?

I'd rather play am inexperienced kid who will put some effort in and be able to get around the pitch rather than a washed up failure who can't defend, can't attack and cannot do anything that resembles a premier League footballer.

Sentiment has gotten to you, and we are so far past that stage in the position we are in

Whoever starts on Sunday, we need to get behind the team. Sadly, Seamus isn’t as quick as he used to be, but some of the stick being bandied isn’t accurate. He will give 100% and his leadership qualities needed. I haven’t seen enough of Patterson but based on feedback from Frank et al, plus his showing against Boreham Wood, throwing him into a relegation dogfight might not be the best idea. I’d rather go with Coleman and / or Kenny in defence. Upfront however, I’d like to see Dobbin given more of a run-out as he looks confident, tenacious and hungry.

As crap as you both keep repeating Seamus is. Him and Kenny are both our best rbs. Patterson was pisspoor recruitment for a team fighting relegation.

I'm not saying youre not Evertonians but I find it peculiar and strange that any Evertonian would want this shell of a player anywhere near the team.

I also am petrified to understand any logic that says Coleman shouldnt be sacked at this point.

The man is a wage thief. @BlueStevie35 thinks he's got leadership quality as he brings the new signings tea and biscuits.

This logic makes no sense.

He's not good enough to play. He's showing a total lack of leadership by blaming everyone but himself -- players and fans.

People thinking i am anti-Irish or anti-whatever...im not.

I'm anti Seamus Coleman playing for and Captaining this team as he (and Keane) are taking us to relegation.

If this was any other team we'd all be laughing at him...hes got some brass neck on him.

He looks to be a demotivating influence.

An absolutely ludicrous signing because we needed a player to come in and actually play. Not a lad with such little experience. I'm sorry, it was stupid, and a prime example of the club not realising how much crap they were in.

I hope he gets a go but it's also completely unfair to the lad to expect him to come in and help improve us either, even if we think that shouldn't be hard.

Sums the Moshiri era up… he thinks he’s being clever but in reality it’s calamity after calamity.

In this case, it’s targeting a young ‘up and coming’ full back for a ‘cut price’ 10 million as he’s ‘one for the future’ and will be worth three times that in a few years. It’s the smart thing to do after paying big for big names with no resale value, right?

No, in reality we’ve spunked 10 million on someone that is less game ready than Jonjo Kenny during a transfer window that was our last chance to sort things out before a nightmare relegation battle, all at a time when money is supposed to be extremely tight. So tight that we were unable to strengthen at centre half.

Moshiri’s administration has been full of this crap. Steve Walsh was brought in as someone that would oversee transfers and prevent us from spunking money up the wall, that was literally the rationale stated when he was brought in. Rafael bloody Benitez was supposed to be a ‘safe pair of hands’ that would see us through til the new stadium was built.

The only thing Moshiri did right was bringing in Fat Sam; relegation would have already taken place years ago had he not done so.

We need a spark, any spark, and this lad has the potential to provide it. He’s been a regular for his country and been a standout for them in recent games. He’s quick, he makes things happen, can create opportunities and is a goal threat.

He should be getting opportunities but it’s clear Lampard has already made his mind up on him. With Godfrey now back and Mykolenko available, the left back spot is now covered, so expect Lampard’s golden boy Kenny to now switch back to right back to compete with Coleman.

Shocking treatment of a young player who’ll no doubt have his confidence knocked. Killing his confidence further by hooking him at half time in the cup game when he’d done absolutely nothing wrong and looked bright in fact, was unforgivable.

We've just conceded 5, and Coleman had a direct role in a couple of them, we've won 2 league games in about 5 months, most of which Coleman has played and you think we should be playing him?

I'd rather play am inexperienced kid who will put some effort in and be able to get around the pitch rather than a washed up failure who can't defend, can't attack and cannot do anything that resembles a premier League footballer.

Sentiment has gotten to you, and we are so far past that stage in the position we are in
The 4th goal he fell over when the ball was cut back in the box. He was skinned on. the 1st and he lost possession very cheaply for the last goal. It’s happening all too regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back