Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He definitely can be...he was on the bench at Rangers too, where players like Coleman could go to finish their career
Basically Ranger's JJK

James Tavernier, captain and first team right-back of Rangers, 77 goals and 105 assists in 332 games including 3 goals recently to knock out Borussia Dortmund in the EL.

So no he was not stuck behind their Seamus Coleman he was stuck behind a player that actually contributes a lot to their team.

Mate Coleman's legs have seriously seriously gone.

A bit of pace can get people out of trouble a lot
Yep he's not as good as he was, that's for sure, but he can still be better than Patterson, and more than likely is. Patterson is probably very raw and youthful energy doesn't make up for everything else. We haven't a clue about Patterson when he wasn't even first choice at Rangers so can only trust the coaches and the manager
There must be something in it that he hasn't started or even subbed on when we can all see Coleman fading

James Tavernier, captain and first team right-back of Rangers, 77 goals and 105 assists in 332 games including 3 goals recently to knock out Borussia Dortmund in the EL.

So no he was not stuck behind their Seamus Coleman he was stuck behind a player that actually contributes a lot to their team.
That's true enough...he was behind their most important player, I accept that. But he still hasn't played much at that level which Im sure you'll agree is much lower than prem level

That's true enough...he was behind their most important player, I accept that. But he still hasn't played much at that level which Im sure you'll agree is much lower than prem level

But you said he couldn't get a game in a league where Coleman would finish his career. So you don't think he's even as useful as Coleman is? (which is absolutely useless if you were wondering).

But you said he couldn't get a game in a league where Coleman would finish his career. So you don't think he's even as useful as Coleman is? (which is absolutely useless if you were wondering).
Yea I did, but tbh I wasn't thinking about Tavernier. I was thinking about the Scottish Prem and I am sure Coleman would be able to compete in that league without a problem. Maybe Patterson was the 2nd best right back in Scotland but we don't know do we, and because he was behind a seemingly v good RB doesn't make him any better by default, so we have to assume he's not great in training that he hasn't played. Something's not right.
Coleman needs replacing, we all know it, or at least played less and managed, so there must be something not up to scratch with this guy that he isn't subbing in. People seem to think the players not playing are always better when things are going badly and this is no different

Yep he's not as good as he was, that's for sure, but he can still be better than Patterson, and more than likely is. Patterson is probably very raw and youthful energy doesn't make up for everything else. We haven't a clue about Patterson when he wasn't even first choice at Rangers so can only trust the coaches and the manager
There must be something in it that he hasn't started or even subbed on when we can all see Coleman fading
I just think Colemans issues cause a knock on effect to the team. Particularly Gordon, he has to do so much running and trying to beat a man, if he knew he had a RB that's gonna be coming straight over his shoulder it would make such a difference.

Yea I did, but tbh I wasn't thinking about Tavernier. I was thinking about the Scottish Prem and I am sure Coleman would be able to compete in that league without a problem. Maybe Patterson was the 2nd best right back in Scotland but we don't know do we, and because he was behind a seemingly v good RB doesn't make him any better by default, so we have to assume he's not great in training that he hasn't played. Something's not right.
Coleman needs replacing, we all know it, or at least played less and managed, so there must be something not up to scratch with this guy that he isn't subbing in. People seem to think the players not playing are always better when things are going badly and this is no different

I mean, I don't disagree there might be something going on.

Was just disputing your very dumb original take of "he's not playing in the SPL he can't be that good".

I mean, I don't disagree there might be something going on.

Was just disputing your very dumb original take of "he's not playing in the SPL he can't be that good".
Except that is not what I said is it!? Your interpretation of what i said is not something you can quote.
I said he definitely can be worse than Coleman because he was a bench player at Rangers too, where Coleman could finish his career.
I clarified I meant Scottish prem rather than Tavernier, so my so called 'very dumb take' was he definitely can be worse than Coleman and I stand by it
I see articles calling him a 'former Rangers star' and rubbish like this when questioning why he's not first choice...he's played about 1500minutes for them and is inexperienced, which Lampard has alluded to.
I'd like to see more of him too but not sure now is the time if it hasn't come already, might be too much pressure

I just think Colemans issues cause a knock on effect to the team. Particularly Gordon, he has to do so much running and trying to beat a man, if he knew he had a RB that's gonna be coming straight over his shoulder it would make such a difference.
Gordon does so much running anyway, lets have it straight. He doesn't always pass it even when the pass is on. He's a young direct exciting winger that we like, but there is no way he's running more just because Coleman isn't always on an overlap, he's running more because he wants to and is feeling confident in himself at the moment

Gordon does so much running anyway, lets have it straight. He doesn't always pass it even when the pass is on. He's a young direct exciting winger that we like, but there is no way he's running more just because Coleman isn't always on an overlap, he's running more because he wants to and is feeling confident in himself at the moment
Absolutely he is, and sometimes he gets stuck with no option but just to try beat 2 men, overlapping to the byline is so important

Look how many goals city score from just doing that alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back