Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is what the manager sees. The manager knows best here.

I'm beginning to see the demand to play Patterson as a proxy: those on this forum unhappy with Lampard are using the situation to covertly criticise the manager because they know calling for his head openly would be given short shrift. And I'd also add that journalists who constanly bring this up are probably determined to undermine FL in his job here by questioning his decision making.

This is all politics. Because it's a no-brainer that you dont put a novice into a situation like this.

….mmm, not so long ago you were saying links to Townsend were from supporters wanting to destabilise your beloved Benitez; when you signed you said he wouldn’t play more than 3 games; the Reds wouldn’t finish top four last season; you said they were flakey and would fall away, the title race was over in January; Benitez had total control, he was on the same page as Moshiri; Benitez will see out his contract, so get used to it; no way will we be in a relegation fight; West Ham are ‘ponly’……etc.

You not rating Patterson gives us some hope for the lad.

….mmm, not so long ago you were saying links to Townsend were from supporters wanting to destabilise your beloved Benitez; when you signed you said he wouldn’t play more than 3 games; the Reds wouldn’t finish top four last season; you said they were flakey and would fall away, the title race was over in January; Benitez had total control, he was on the same page as Moshiri; Benitez will see out his contract, so get used to it; no way will we be in a relegation fight; West Ham are ‘ponly’……etc.

You`d be in the vaults for days, with that lot lol

* Standby for incoming anytime soon.

The only thing above you got right was me saying Benitez would be retained.

As a rangers fan I know yu have an urge to want patterson in. But it's what's best fior Everton...and our manager happens to agree with the estimation I have of concerning where we stand with Patterson.

The only other place I'd have Coleman is CM. And I've said before that Gordon and Patterson would crowd each other out operating on the same flank.

Patterson: I've never seen a FB / RWB who's positioning is that high up the pitch. We may as well call him for what he is: a RW. He features in the games I've seen him in only in the last quarter of the pitch.
Two young players who have pace operating on the same flank don’t have to crowd each other out, that’s where the coaches come in. They can easily be coached in tactics to complement each other , particularly allowing Gordon to cut inside, as he likes to do , if the defence are occupied by an overlapping Patterson out wide.
Your last remark means you haven’t seen enough of Patterson‘s games to judge him then.

The only thing above you got right was me saying Benitez would be retained.

As a rangers fan I know yu have an urge to want patterson in. But it's what's best fior Everton...and our manager happens to agree with the estimation I have of concerning where we stand with Patterson.

Sorry mate, but if we were keeping clean sheet after clean sheet and looking rock solid at the back with the players who have been getting selected, you're position and argument for no change and no Patterson has merit.

Given our current performance and situation, I think change and new blood is desperatley needed, and Patterson and mykolenko should be starting games in the positions they have been signed for. I'd play begovic as well and Branthwaite.

We could play Coleman in another position if we must or we don't want to drop the skipper, for whatever reason.

Sorry mate, but if we were keeping clean sheet after clean sheet and looking rock solid at the back with the players who have been getting selected, you're position and argument for no change and no Patterson has merit.

Given our current performance and situation, I think change and new blood is desperatley needed, and Patterson and mykolenko should be starting games in the positions they have been signed for. I'd play begovic as well and Branthwaite.

We could play Coleman in another position if we must or we don't want to drop the skipper, for whatever reason.
Coleman could play the Allan role ...... Patterson at right back

Two young players who have pace operating on the same flank don’t have to crowd each other out, that’s where the coaches come in. They can easily be coached in tactics to complement each other , particularly allowing Gordon to cut inside, as he likes to do , if the defence are occupied by an overlapping Patterson out wide.
Your last remark means you haven’t seen enough of Patterson‘s games to judge him then.
He plays off Gilmour for Scotland - an attacking midfielder who he can work passes inside to and take returns from. I haven't seen him overlapping any winger other than when he played half a game against Boreham when Townsend was on that flank. That didn't work well.

From what I see Patterson is a winger himself.

Honest to God, it's almost worth seeing this lad get a game in the PL to welly a mile this daft attempt to promote him above established FBs at the club. It'd cure a few people here of their claims for him almost instantly.

He plays off Gilmour for Scotland - an attacking midfielder who he can work passes inside to and take returns from. I haven't seen him overlapping any winger other than when he played half a game against Boreham when Townsend was on that flank. That didn't work well.

From what I see Patterson is a winger himself.

Honest to God, it's almost worth seeing this lad get a game in the PL to welly a mile this daft attempt to promote him above established FBs at the club. It'd cure a few people here of their claims for him almost instantly.

Even if we kept a clean sheet, he scored a hat trick, provided a couple of assists and jumped into the crowd, to save the life of a choking child, you’d still be claiming he was only in it for himself and was a member of a coven of loyalist devil worshippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back