Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digne was a good footballer without being a great defender and was a first teamer.

This lad just needs a run of games or the jury can never really be accurate in its evaluation.

…I wouldn’t strongly argue that Patterson should start ahead of the captain in our perilous position but he looks a terrific option off the bench, especially given the lack of personnel who can positively influence football matches in the last 30mins.
Problem is influencing matches from the first minute, if we give him a chance along with a coupe of others we might not need to rely on the bench.

It takes character to say that mate. Well done.
If it’s April/May Everton are we’ll clear of relegation and no chance of a European spot and floating about mid table you give the lad a chance. Games aren’t vital. But I’m afraid Everton are do or die every single game at the moment. Not the time to be given chances.

Id be seeing how he gets on pre season and if he’s ready come the start of next season.

…I wouldn’t strongly argue that Patterson should start ahead of the captain in our perilous position but he looks a terrific option off the bench, especially given the lack of personnel who can positively influence football matches in the last 30mins.
Not a bad shout. I seem to remember a young raw but swashbuckling Coleman doing something very similar again Spurs many years ago. Came back from 2 down I believe.

If it’s April/May Everton are we’ll clear of relegation and no chance of a European spot and floating about mid table you give the lad a chance. Games aren’t vital. But I’m afraid Everton are do or die every single game at the moment. Not the time to be given chances.

Id be seeing how he gets on pre season and if he’s ready come the start of next season.
Which is what the manager sees. The manager knows best here.

I'm beginning to see the demand to play Patterson as a proxy: those on this forum unhappy with Lampard are using the situation to covertly criticise the manager because they know calling for his head openly would be given short shrift. And I'd also add that journalists who constanly bring this up are probably determined to undermine FL in his job here by questioning his decision making.

This is all politics. Because it's a no-brainer that you dont put a novice into a situation like this.

I don't see how playing him RWB with Coleman behind him could possibly be any worse than the current state, at least he would support Gordon in attack so he doesn't totally deplete himself in the first half
How would the 3 of them fit into that team?

Pickford
Patterson Coleman Holgate Godfrey Myko

Allan/doucoure vdb

Gordon DCL Richy/gray

Play Coleman RCB
The only other place I'd have Coleman is CM. And I've said before that Gordon and Patterson would crowd each other out operating on the same flank.

Patterson: I've never seen a FB / RWB who's positioning is that high up the pitch. We may as well call him for what he is: a RW. He features in the games I've seen him in only in the last quarter of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back