Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t believe I am saying this but I agree with @davek tonight. I’m a fan of NP but he didn’t look to clever defensively tonight. Always good going forward but I don’t see this as a common problem just got caught a couple of times tonight.
It takes character to say that mate. Well done.

played reasonably well tonight. Had a ten minute spell in the first half where they got in a couple times down their left but they were overloading that side. Comfortable after that. Didn’t look out of place defensively at all, or at this level of football, made a few good defensive contributions.

It’s abundantly clear he’s far too good to be loaned out to the championship. Miles ahead of where Coleman was when he was loaned to Blackpool. Defensive side of his game certainly no worse than Coleman’s was when he got in our first team - he improved with games.
Harry Kane was loaned out to a Championship club. Nothing wrong with that. The lad at Forest on loan, Spence, now chased by Arsenal and Bayern. D'you think he's too good for it and not them?

Ideally what we need is for him to go out and have his mistakes elsewhere and come back the better player.

Also: no way was Patterson a better prospect than Coleman at this stage. None whatsoever. He took Bale apart against Spurs before being loaned out to Blackpool.

Harry Kane was loaned out to a Championship club. Nothing wrong with that. The lad at Forest on loan, Spence, now chased by Arsenal and Bayern. D'you think he's too good for it and not them?

Ideally what we need is for him to go out and have his mistakes elsewhere and come back the better player.

Also: no way was Patterson a better prospect than Coleman at this stage. None whatsoever. He took Bale apart against Spurs before being loaned out to Blackpool.
Spence is on loan from another championship club btw

You on GOT everyday too, lad?

Honestly, I swear there was a padlock on it at roughly the same time Azul started his sectarianism thread. And all the posts from @The Celtic View and NsnoChris have gone...

Maybe I'm going mad.

I am and when I transcend, I am better than you, as I am MANGA MAN.

Anyway, back on topic, Patterson deserves a chance.

Last edited:

How can Coleman be a better prospect when patterson is twice the player technically.
Coleman got by on speed and hunger and desire. But he was bang average when it came to passing and crossing.

I have a feeling when patterson gets in some great position out wide, he won’t have a default mechanism off smashing it across the box and hope for the best, like Coleman

Spence is on loan from another championship club btw
I know. But the point remains that players plying their trade at that level learn their trade there and can be battle hardened for the big leagues after playing there. Barkley did ti that way and was very good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back