Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he just didn't think it was appropriate to bring in a kid at RB when you're fighting relegation, you've already got a new addition in Mykolenko and your experienced captain is Coleman anyway.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Frank believes he cant defend. A little presumptious.
He stated in press conferences that Patterson was finding it hard in training.

Only after he went out on loan to Blackpool.

I think we may see that with Patterson.

Keep an eye on the RB situation, I dont think we'll start next season with the three options we had last season...maybe one more in and one out. It really wouldn't surprise me if FL once and for all sorts this situation out this summer.

Agreed he might need a Championship loan but we should not be dismissing his chances of developing into a good fullback at the age of 20

We saw Martinez play that way because we had CBs who he bought to play out from the back. In any case, we never saw Baines, Oviedo or Coleman play constantly high up the pitch. If they had the opportunity to get up the pitch then they were encouraged, but it wasn't a starting position for them.

…CBs were of ten exposed to a single long ball. Remember Chelsea away when we were leading, our RB was actually our furthest player forward, he was close to the corner flag. One long ball from Fabrigas, Stones pulled to the right and Jagielka exposed as we conceded late on.

It happened quite often that Coleman got on the end of a Baines cross.

if you saw Patterson up the pitch, it’ll be because he was doing as he was told. That’s what players tend to do.

He said it a few times.

Need to train well to be considered.

“I’ve been impressed with Nathan," Lampard admitted. "It’s not been easy to be fair, they need to train well.

“We have to make sure, my duty is to make sure we develop young players and find the right time for them to play.”

He was probably not what we needed when leaking goals for fun plus bringing a young lad into a new team fighting relegation.

“I’ve been impressed with Nathan," Lampard admitted. "It’s not been easy to be fair, they need to train well.

“We have to make sure, my duty is to make sure we develop young players and find the right time for them to play.”

He was probably not what we needed when leaking goals for fun plus bringing a young lad into a new team fighting relegation.

….you’d think Kenny was Franco Baresi.

its a big concern I have about Lampard. I like him but I think it’ll be a struggle next season.

I never want to see an Everton FB as high up the pitch as I've seen him play in the past. The way Terence Alexander-Arsehole played for England last night: last third of the pitch and hardly ever getting back to help out defensively.

If England cant do it, we certainly cant with our CBs.

I think it depends on the formation, and the circumstances, if you are chasing the game and the opposition are on all out defend, then I can understand it, but someone else has to fill in for them. I remember back when we had Baines and Coleman getting forward, either Gareth Barry or James McCarthy would drop back and cover.

The thing with TAA is he’s not a defender at all, he’s a midfielder or forward really.

I think it depends on the formation, and the circumstances, if you are chasing the game and the opposition are on all out defend, then I can understand it, but someone else has to fill in for them. I remember back when we had Baines and Coleman getting forward, either Gareth Barry or James McCarthy would drop back and cover.

The thing with TAA is he’s not a defender at all, he’s a midfielder or forward really.
Yes. And we dont have that quality here right now, that's for sure.

He said it a few times.

Need to train well to be considered.

I know you've got a narrative to pedal here Dave, as your reputation ( ? ) has taken a battering since you went all in on the waiter, but even for you, saying "Lampard has said he's found it hard in training", then providing an article which says "“I’ve been impressed with Nathan," Lampard admitted. "It’s not been easy to be fair, they need to train well." as evidence of this is stretching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back