Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's never been my position with Patterson. That's a caricature of it.

Look through this thread and you'll see that I make the point time after time that Patterson has talent getting forward. My concern is that he has no defensive instincts.

If he turns out to be a wing "back" like Terry Arnold Alexandra and has that impact upfront then his defensive weaknesses would be acceptable, obviously; but I hardly think we have a player of that quality going forward on our hands with Patterson.
Why are you actively hoping that it doesn't work and that he fails?

It baffles me.

Best chance of what? He needs to sink or swim. Needs games for us. Simple as. If he performs, he stays in the team and we benefit. Let's give him that chance...
The Coleman route is the preferred one: a season in the Championship learning his trade as a defender.

The Coleman route is the preferred one: a season in the Championship learning his trade as a defender.

…like you, I’m a big Coleman fan but I think he’s a little bit brittle as far as injuries go (actually surprised he played so many games on the run-in). We need somebody effective who can share the workload next season & transition into being first choice.

The only player who fits that criteria is Patterson, but if Lampard shares your opinion then we have to bring another RB in and sell him. I really like what I see of Patterson, Lampard doesn’t seem to share that view.

I will throw Stanley Mills into the equation. A converted winger, but I really like converted wingers playing FB. He could well disappear into oblivion but he looks like he has something about him and is worth keeping on the radar.

…like you, I’m a big Coleman fan but I think he’s a little bit brittle as far as injuries go (actually surprised he played so many games on the run-in). We need somebody effective who can share the workload next season & transition into being first choice.

The only player who fits that criteria is Patterson, but if Lampard shares your opinion then we have to bring another RB in and sell him. I really like what I see of Patterson, Lampard doesn’t seem to share that view.

I will throw Stanley Mills into the equation. A converted winger, but I really like converted wingers playing FB. He could well disappear into oblivion but he looks like he has something about him and is worth keeping on the radar.
An 18 year old RW?

I'd rather put Patterson in.

Patterson has something - I have never doubted that. But he's a bit too attack oriented. We need the attack/defence balance in FBs...preferably erring on the defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back