Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure he won’t just ignore tactical instructions and just go and chill on the edge of the opposition’s penalty area. Maybe you’ve seen him play at wing back under specific tactical instructions before.
I've no idea what he was instructed to play like. I just know he doesn't get much defending done...which might be a problem in this team we have right now when we need all hands to the pumps.

I've no idea what he was instructed to play like. I just know he doesn't get much defending done...which might be a problem in this team we have right now when we need all hands to the pumps.

….to be fair, Kenny doesn’t get much defending done and offers nothing going the other way.

From a defensive perspective, Patterson has really good pace & powers of recovery. He’s quite tenacious in a tackle, the goal he set up in that U23 game came from tracking the winger inside, slide tackling him to win possession, playing a one-two to get into the top third and deliver a pin point cross for Dobbin to score.

He’s not a bad defender but he’ll become a better defender.

….to be fair, Kenny doesn’t get much defending done and offers nothing going the other way.

From a defensive perspective, Patterson has really good pace & powers of recovery. He’s quite tenacious in a tackle, the goal he set up in that U23 game came from tracking the winger inside, slide tackling him to win possession, playing a one-two to get into the top third and deliver a pin point cross for Dobbin to score.

He’s not a bad defender but he’ll become a better defender.
The transformation in Everton's game when Kenny replaced Patterson in the Boreham Wood cup game at Goodison was there for all to see.

It's no use claiming this lad is this or that. The manager sees his work in training and will make his choice soon enough. I only hope he thinks that his defensive weaknesses wont be exploited more than his attacking game can aid us.

The transformation in Everton's game when Kenny replaced Patterson in the Boreham Wood cup game at Goodison was there for all to see.

It's no use claiming this lad is this or that. The manager sees his work in training and will make his choice soon enough. I only hope he thinks that his defensive weaknesses wont be exploited more than his attacking game can aid us.
Richarlison replaced Patterson didn't he? Kenny started the game. Mykolenko was later replaced by Coleman I thought.

No. Kenny came on.

EDIT:

sorry, yeah. He started on the right side of a back 3 and then took a RB position in a flat back 4.
So we completely changed our shape and played better? Hardly fair to just put that down to Kenny playing instead of Patterson, especially as they were playing in different positions due to the system change.

…this is wrong, but don’t let it spoil your agenda.

So we completely changed our shape and played better? Hardly fair to just put that down to Kenny playing instead of Patterson, especially as they were playing in different positions due to the system change.
We changed it because the hindrance to that formation was taken off the pitch at HT.

We changed it because the hindrance to that formation was taken off the pitch at HT.
Righty ho mate. Same narrative as always. Probably best we just wait and see on him.

P.S. he gave the ball away once and won it back in that game. Otherwise he looked neat and tidy and certainly no worse than any other player on our team, considering it was his first game for 10 weeks and he'll have been eager to impress.

Righty ho mate. Same narrative as always. Probably best we just wait and see on him.

P.S. he gave the ball away once and won it back in that game. Otherwise he looked neat and tidy and certainly no worse than any other player on our team, considering it was his first game for 10 weeks and he'll have been eager to impress.
He was sending over rubbish crosses from out wide and getting in the way of Townsend on that side. It didn't work, regardless of the BS from Sally McCoist on the night to persuade us Patterson's performance was actually the reverse of what we were witnessing.

IMO he needs to learn how to defend in the Championship. He looks like he has attributes to play in the opposition half of the pitch: pace, anticipates a poor pass from opponents, usually good delivery...but you cant promote him to a starter unless he can do what FBs have to primarily be able to do: defend.

He was sending over rubbish crosses from out wide and getting in the way of Townsend on that side. It didn't work, regardless of the BS from Sally McCoist on the night to persuade us Patterson's performance was actually the reverse of what we were witnessing.

IMO he needs to learn how to defend in the Championship. He looks like he has attributes to play in the opposition half of the pitch: pace, anticipates a poor pass from opponents, usually good delivery...but you cant promote him to a starter unless he can do what FBs have to primarily be able to do: defend.
Yawn. Let's wait and see shall we. We've all heard the above about 847 times this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back