Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn;t mean he can defend at PL level.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I must say his non-appearance so far at first team level sort of confirms my view that he's never up to this league down here from a defensive perspective.

Each time I've seen him play I've thought he looked like a right-side of attack in a 433.
Interested to hear your opinions on the defending ability of our 3 best fullbacks in the premierleague era - Coleman, Digne & Baines.

Surely you want him to be successful, ?
It would appear to me that davek just doesn't want to be wrong in his assessment of the player.

I watched Patterson tonight. I didn't see any flaw in his defending, he had two crosses, one for the goal and a very dangerous one in the second half. The goal was made by him from midfield, excellent pass and quickly joined in the attack. All the while Everton attacked, almost singularly, down the left. Maybe he could have been more effective but you would have to pass him the ball more for that I'm afraid.

Not really sure what he could have done better, or even different that would tell supporters he deserves a reasonable chance to prove his worth in the first team.

I believe Patterson is a phenominal talent but I suppose time will tell.

Maybe davek will appreciate him more when he plays in his Testimonial for Everton.... maybe?

I dont think anyone disputes he has a cross in him. Certainly not me, I've said it often enough myself.

But take it from me, that lad has no sense of danger or positional awareness. We'd have conceded more than one on Saturday if he'd have faced Digne and Ramsey down that right side.
When you say 'take it from me'... how many time's have you seen him play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back