Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was more of a case of Newcastle not playing for a couple of weeks and having plenty of time to prepare . While Everton only had 3 days.
What that was the reason for Gomes poor performance. Ha ha. So what’s the reason for his 8 out of 10 bad performances the previous 3 seasons. I wonder what our fans watch some days

What that was the reason for Gomes poor performance. Ha ha. So what’s the reason for his 8 out of 10 bad performances the previous 3 seasons. I wonder what our fans watch some days

Yeah, at this level the smallest details matter hugely. You have to be 100%. Newcastle Utd had the preparation and rest.

As for Gomes. He performs better with teams who have possession. As for Coleman, he performs better when the team is not scared to attack and be on the front foot. Something that Ancelotti and Benitez lacked, being comfortable with the opposition in possession. It was also the reason why Dinge's form suffered.

Yeah, at this level the smallest details matter hugely. You have to be 100%. Newcastle Utd had the preparation and rest.

As for Gomes. He performs better with teams who have possession. As for Coleman, he performs better when the team is not scared to attack and be on the front foot. Something that Ancelotti and Benitez lacked, being comfortable with the opposition in possession. It was also the reason why Dinge's form suffered.
Let’s hope we don’t get into Europe then, because Gomes will be a waste of time. Only playing once week.
Coleman has done ok, but he’s also had some poor performances this season and we need to blood patterson soon.

and Gomes has proved in 4yrs he’s not good enough and not cut out for the prem, it’s to fast and to powerful league. I think Frank has seen enough in one game. de Beek showed him up on Saturday

Let’s hope we don’t get into Europe then, because Gomes will be a waste of time. Only playing once week.
Coleman has done ok, but he’s also had some poor performances this season and we need to blood patterson soon.

and Gomes has proved in 4yrs he’s not good enough and not cut out for the prem, it’s to fast and to powerful league. I think Frank has seen enough in one game. de Beek showed him up on Saturday

But we will have a summer transfer season to let go those whose contract ends, sell some of the other deadwood and get new signings to strengthen our squad.

But we will have a summer transfer season to let go those whose contract ends, sell some of the other deadwood and get new signings to strengthen our squad.
Yes of course and it’s a big summer, but you will still see some fans saying keep Gomes the reason the other guy said possession. And you will get the, let’s keep davies frank will improve him.

Financially who knows what state we will be in. And maybe we will be forced to sell a Richarlison or DCL. But we need to get this summer right. A top class CB, maybe another one if we can shift Holgate/Keane.

2x Centre mids. Another attacker and then replace Richarlison/DCL.

We can’t wait another season and give these failed players more time

My prediction is he’ll play against Boreham Wood and probably look good going forward and the fans will be clamouring for him to get a chance until he plays against a PL team and gets ripped apart.

In that Moldova game he scored but was also horrendous defensively getting taken apart by their winger all second half and ended up giving a way a stupid penalty

Going on about him playing for Scotland a few times isn’t the achievement it sounds until you see who’s first choice in his position, I don’t think there’s any chance of him starting the play off games ahead of Stephen O’Donnell…

It’s bewildering why some people who’ve never seen him play and pick two or three highlights off of YouTube suddenly think he’s a superstar. It’s doing the boy absolutely no favours

Completely mugged we were for his signature.

Alan Hutton told Football Insider’s Russell Edge: “£12million plus add-ons is huge money for a boy that has come through the academy. It’s excellent it’ll keep them going. “If you go back to previous players, who would have thought that it would have been Nathan Patterson. You think of Morelos, Kent, Kamara, these sort of guys. But Everton put their hand in their pocket and were willing to stump up a massive fee."

That club is a stain on football and we handed them profitability. Unbelievable.
"Ex-Gers right back Hutton says the 19-year-old should get the nod ahead of Stephen O’Donnell for the Czech Republic game as his all-round play is strong.

O’Donnell appears to be favourite to begin the game at right wing-back as he is someone Steve Clarke knows he can trust.

But Hutton and former Scotland team-mate Robert Snodgrass are in agreement that Patterson’s fearlessness and ability SHOULD mean he starts against Czech Republic.

Hutton told BBC 5LIVE: “I think it’s a balanced squad and playing three at the back, the left-side is phenomenal and they complement one another.

“But on the right-hand side, I think if you play Hendry and Patterson, they complement each other very well.

“I’ve seen quite a bit of Patterson when covering a few Rangers games and his defending is actually really good.

“Going forward I think he can offer a lot but defensively he was decent at such a young age.

“That’s why he gets the nod for me. It’s nothing to do with Rangers. I just think there is an opportunity for someone to go and grab that spot and play for Scotland for a long time.

As we're seen with Gomes, the type of football we're willing to play has a huge influence on getting the best out of players.
To be fair, Gomes had his 1 good game in 10 against Brentford in the cup, then reverted to type against Newcastle...

Andre Gomes (CM) - 3/10 - 'Set up' Lascelles' own goal, but other than that was a bit of a car crash, especially when trying to win the ball back.

Time will tell if Coleman actually has rediscovered his ability under a new manager/way of playing... Time is definitely ticking on his ability at the highest level.

"Ex-Gers right back Hutton says the 19-year-old should get the nod ahead of Stephen O’Donnell for the Czech Republic game as his all-round play is strong.

O’Donnell appears to be favourite to begin the game at right wing-back as he is someone Steve Clarke knows he can trust.

But Hutton and former Scotland team-mate Robert Snodgrass are in agreement that Patterson’s fearlessness and ability SHOULD mean he starts against Czech Republic.

Hutton told BBC 5LIVE: “I think it’s a balanced squad and playing three at the back, the left-side is phenomenal and they complement one another.

“But on the right-hand side, I think if you play Hendry and Patterson, they complement each other very well.

“I’ve seen quite a bit of Patterson when covering a few Rangers games and his defending is actually really good.

“Going forward I think he can offer a lot but defensively he was decent at such a young age.

“That’s why he gets the nod for me. It’s nothing to do with Rangers. I just think there is an opportunity for someone to go and grab that spot and play for Scotland for a long time.
Yeah, a ringing endoresment: 'decent for a young age defensively'...and that's from a rangers man.

My prediction is he’ll play against Boreham Wood and probably look good going forward and the fans will be clamouring for him to get a chance until he plays against a PL team and gets ripped apart.

In that Moldova game he scored but was also horrendous defensively getting taken apart by their winger all second half and ended up giving a way a stupid penalty

Going on about him playing for Scotland a few times isn’t the achievement it sounds until you see who’s first choice in his position, I don’t think there’s any chance of him starting the play off games ahead of Stephen O’Donnell…

It’s bewildering why some people who’ve never seen him play and pick two or three highlights off of YouTube suddenly think he’s a superstar. It’s doing the boy absolutely no favours
Some people dont want to know mate. They think because £16M has been spent it makes it a decent signing and he's good to go in the team....even though the manager of Everton last Friday marked their cards for them on his likely long term progression.

They prefer to forget that and have a go at me for being one of the first to call his defensive fragilities.

Some people dont want to know mate. They think because £16M has been spent it makes it a decent signing and he's good to go in the team....even though the manager of Everton last Friday marked their cards for them on his likely long term progression.

They prefer to forget that and have a go at me for being one of the first to call his defensive fragilities.

He didn’t cost £16m.

Completely mugged we were for his signature.

Alan Hutton told Football Insider’s Russell Edge: “£12million plus add-ons is huge money for a boy that has come through the academy. It’s excellent it’ll keep them going. “If you go back to previous players, who would have thought that it would have been Nathan Patterson. You think of Morelos, Kent, Kamara, these sort of guys. But Everton put their hand in their pocket and were willing to stump up a massive fee."

That club is a stain on football and we handed them profitability. Unbelievable.
if he thinks Rangers should be getting decent money for Morelos and Ryan Kent then I don't really put much value to his opinion tbh.

lampard has already said he's not gonna chuck the fella in the deep end and is going to give him time to improve and work his way into the first team

im pretty sure he will get a chance to showcase his abilities in the fa cup which could lead to further appearances down the line depending on how he performs

I would say Boreham Wood would be the perfect game for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back