Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction is he’ll play against Boreham Wood and probably look good going forward and the fans will be clamouring for him to get a chance until he plays against a PL team and gets ripped apart.

In that Moldova game he scored but was also horrendous defensively getting taken apart by their winger all second half and ended up giving a way a stupid penalty

Going on about him playing for Scotland a few times isn’t the achievement it sounds until you see who’s first choice in his position, I don’t think there’s any chance of him starting the play off games ahead of Stephen O’Donnell…

It’s bewildering why some people who’ve never seen him play and pick two or three highlights off of YouTube suddenly think he’s a superstar. It’s doing the boy absolutely no favours
The fact he didnt get any minutes at the weekend 3-0 up in front of delirious homefans says just how unready he is. He coudnt even get gametime at his former club in dead rubber games when they'd already won the league, Defensively his positioning is atrocious. Tavernier kept him out they say - but he couldnt even get minutes at lb either which he also can play. Hes not a Tierney or a Robertson hes just a young Scottish fb who we vastly overpaid for. We spent/gambled remainder of our transfer money in a relegation threatening year on a player somebody at the club thought would come straight into the team and thats what we needed - someone to give Seamus a rest this season and eventually retire him - instead we got someone nowhere near ready and gazumped our own previous bid when no one else was interested. Hopefully we've better scouts this summer cos we're still going to need a rb. I Hope the clause in his contract is if he turns out to be crap we get money back,but of course he'll get minutes at Boreham wood or similar and people will say they see potential when we all know this season we needed someone to go in straight away, if we hadnt sacked benitez and Lampard hadn't started so well to lift the club/ fans, and raise Coleman and Kennys game -this signing would be shown for just how stupid a signing it is. Gamble on kids in the summer when theres no pressure and you can work them into a squad or loan out for experience and dont overpay. Again if Lampard hadnt came in and lifted Coleman and Kennys game we could have been gambling our premiership survival on this nowhere near ready kid.

Completely mugged we were for his signature.

Alan Hutton told Football Insider’s Russell Edge: “£12million plus add-ons is huge money for a boy that has come through the academy. It’s excellent it’ll keep them going. “If you go back to previous players, who would have thought that it would have been Nathan Patterson. You think of Morelos, Kent, Kamara, these sort of guys. But Everton put their hand in their pocket and were willing to stump up a massive fee."

That club is a stain on football and we handed them profitability. Unbelievable.

Hutton is right.

It is huge money for a full back with only a handful of Scottish games under his belt.

Mystifying almost.

And it must pull Rangers out of a hole financially and regarding FPP.

I wonder if Mr. Koorachin was involved in any way, Dave.

It has his fingerprints all over it.

I'm not really hounding him. I constantly state what he has: very good attacking ability. There's no question about that. But defenders should primarily excel at defending and I dont think it's any coincidence that 3 managers have felt he wasn't capable of adding anything to an already failing defence. That's alarming.

We all wanted a RB who was good-to-go, but to me it's looking increasingly the case we haven't got that (and rangers felt that way too as they barely used him). In that context my view is that he'll need to go on loan in the summer.

He hasn't come from a great club as far as I'm concerned. They ripped Everton off in the past and I'm very concerned they've done it again. That's why I posted so much in this thread. If he goes out and comes back a better player, I'm all for him starting games for us.
So name me a RB we could have hit who’s good to go. Also let’s have it right, Digne’s defending wasn’t great at times, either getting near or giving away free kicks and him and Coleman could never stop crosses

So name me a RB we could have hit who’s good to go. Also let’s have it right, Digne’s defending wasn’t great at times, either getting near or giving away free kicks and him and Coleman could never stop crosses
Spence at Boro/Forest for one.

We could have brought Trippier here. Or we could have secured Livromento.

Instead we gave £16m for a substitute from the SPL.

Spence at Boro/Forest for one.

We could have brought Trippier here. Or we could have secured Livromento.

Instead we gave £16m for a substitute from the SPL.
It was 12 mil and that includes add on’s

So you didn’t want a 20yr old Scottish international. But happy to go with a 18yr old That’s never played a first team game. Who actually is no longer in the Southampton team.

Or a another 20/21 yr old. Who’s only ever played in the championship. And never played international football at any level.

Or you want us to splash out big money on a 31 and pay him huge wages.

You’ve definitely helped your argument, fair does

It was 12 mil and that includes add on’s

So you didn’t want a 20yr old Scottish international. But happy to go with a 18yr old That’s never played a first team game. Who actually is no longer in the Southampton team.

Or a another 20/21 yr old. Who’s only ever played in the championship. And never played international football at any level.

Or you want us to splash out big money on a 31 and pay him huge wages.

You’ve definitely helped your argument, fair does
Nothing you said undermines my options that were better than a sub from the SPL.

And they're just the options I can think from at the top of my head.

Nothing you said undermines my options that were better than a sub from the SPL.

And they're just the options I can think from at the top of my head.
Yes but not better ones. You’d be taking a similar/bigger gamble in Spence or Livromento. Why did Middlesbrough loan spence if he was so good.

Trippier is obviously better, but we’re trying to
Go away from signing players on the way down.

I was thinking of you coming up
With a player 23 to 26, playing in a top league, with loads of experience and international caps

It sounds to me like he's a bit of a nkoukou type. Looks good at times going forward but lacks in intelligence in game and technique as well as posititioning.

I'm happy to hold fire on judgement, but if Rafael, big dunc and Frank all feel the same about him then it doesn't bode well does it

It sounds to me like he's a bit of a nkoukou type. Looks good at times going forward but lacks in intelligence in game and technique as well as posititioning.

I'm happy to hold fire on judgement, but if Rafael, big dunc and Frank all feel the same about him then it doesn't bode well does it

But you're only using conjecture to come to your conclusion.

Yes but not better ones. You’d be taking a similar/bigger gamble in Spence or Livromento. Why did Middlesbrough loan spence if he was so good.

Trippier is obviously better, but we’re trying to
Go away from signing players on the way down.

I was thinking of you coming up
With a player 23 to 26, playing in a top league, with loads of experience and international caps
Hello Ste.

Still sounds like Frankie deems him nowhere near the team at the moment, going off his latest comments.
Lampard stating that Patterson needs to show improvement in training says it all.

The lad's just not at this level yet.

The solution is what we saw happen to Coleman and Barkley: loan him out to a Championship club and make a man of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back