Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he’s fell victim to the fact that he’s one of two young fullbacks new to the league. If we’d have had some experience in the left back position, we would probably see more of him between now and the end of the season.

But as it is, Mykolenko is our only actual left back, and I can’t see many managers wanting half of their defence made up of inexperienced players. Patience will be needed, he’ll get minutes eventually.

Think he’s fell victim to the fact that he’s one of two young fullbacks new to the league. If we’d have had some experience in the left back position, we would probably see more of him between now and the end of the season.

But as it is, Mykolenko is our only actual left back, and I can’t see many managers wanting half of their defence made up of inexperienced players. Patience will be needed, he’ll get minutes eventually.
If some people had their way in August we would field a whole new team full of 11 players who have never played in this league before.

He's not going to be trusted any time soon with that RB position.

IMO he should have been loaned out until the season's end to a Championship team. Just like Coleman had to be.

….sad case that the previous manager was, I suspect there was politics behind the Obnoxious One not picking him.

Ferguson picked his mates in Kenny and Holgate & Lampard hasn’t really deviated from that squad. I fully expected Coleman to start yesterday, I hoped Patterson would come on for the last 20mins.

No idea if Mykolenko was injured, but not a good sign for him that he was brought off when we didn’t have another LB in the squad. Square pegs in round holes covering a LB was odd.

Once he assesses the players for himself, I’d be disappointed if Lampard doesn’t come to the conclusion that Patterson should share game time with Coleman. I‘d hope he’ll be our no1 no2 by the end of the season, he’s a class act.

….sad case that the previous manager was, I suspect there was politics behind the Obnoxious One not picking him.

Ferguson picked his mates in Kenny and Holgate & Lampard hasn’t really deviated from that squad. I fully expected Coleman to start yesterday, I hoped Patterson would come on for the last 20mins.

No idea if Mykolenko was injured, but not a good sign for him that he was brought off when we didn’t have another LB in the squad. Square pegs in round holes covering a LB was odd.

Once he assesses the players for himself, I’d be disappointed if Lampard doesn’t come to the conclusion that Patterson should share game time with Coleman. I‘d hope he’ll be our no1 no2 by the end of the season, he’s a class act.

I think did a number of subs to get a look at them for the future.

I think I’ll just trust Frank to make the decisions about who plays and who doesn’t.

Playing the boy on Tuesday against ASM would be a very bad idea, for the record.

I think if we play full backs it might not be the ideal game, but wingbacks possibly he'll be fine. Defensively we look suspect with whoever we put in tbh so if he did get selected for his ability going forward, that'll do me. Might be a case of us conceding 2 and scoring 3 to win games during this transitional period.

Either way, I'm confident he'll start getting minutes soon enough.

Seems clear at this point that Seamus will be persisted with up to the end of the season, with Patterson getting minutes here and there. Expect to see a lot more of him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back