Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as you know what’s going on in training, can I please ask whether big dunc is still putting the cones out or is that now Ashley Cole’s responsibility?

Cheers in advance.
Did you really need to ask? What other skills does he have?

Comical these Sevco fans.

Imagine one of us joining a Villa forum and telling them Villa are now our second team because they signed Digne from us.

Incredible to me that. Just cant get me head round it.

Seeing as you know what’s going on in training, can I please ask whether big dunc is still putting the cones out or is that now Ashley Cole’s responsibility?

Cheers in advance.

I thought Coles role was specifically Counselling for players only on 40k a week

I think we really have to start him on Saturday, we can't start Colman again, 3 games in a week at his age is a recipe for an injury, take him out for Saturday and play Patterson,we've really nothing to lose at this stage,bit he doesn't work out, Seamus is rested for the Southampton game. I just think that against Leeds, his pace and youthful vigour may serve us better than Seamus' experience.

I think we really have to start him on Saturday, we can't start Colman again, 3 games in a week at his age is a recipe for an injury, take him out for Saturday and play Patterson,we've really nothing to lose at this stage,bit he doesn't work out, Seamus is rested for the Southampton game. I just think that against Leeds, his pace and youthful vigour may serve us better than Seamus' experience.
He wont start Saturday. Defensively appalling.

Yes, he'd offer a cross from the flanks, there's no question of that. However, what you'd also have to balance that with is that you'd have a right hand side of two 20 year olds who like to get up the pitch being entrusted with our fortunes in a relegation 6 pointer.

Do you think that's a good idea? Dose ANYONE actually see that as a good idea?

Yes, he'd offer a cross from the flanks, there's no question of that. However, what you'd also have to balance that with is that you'd have a right hand side of two 20 year olds who like to get up the pitch being entrusted with our fortunes in a relegation 6 pointer.

Yep me. You’ve seen how bad our right side of defence has been, not only against the Barcodes but in a string of defeats the past few months. Time for change before it really is too late. Gordon and Patterson operating down our right could develop a Baines/ Piennar relationship.
As you say, Patterson is a decent crosser , after one or two of those the opposition will be drawn to closing him down , allowing Gordon to cut inside to the space created. Defensively yes he’s lacking in PL experience but he not appalling, and that’s the job of the coaches to improve his raw defensive talent, and we’ve got two of the best English full backs on our books to do that.

There are no easy PL games for us left , if we get into mid table security we’ll still be pushing for a win , there’s probably only the FA cup game and that’s a potential banana skin too. There’s little point bringing in a new manager, new coaches and new players if all we do is play the same old ones who’ve got us into this mess. Two pacy 20 year olds operating down the right works for me.

Yep me. You’ve seen how bad our right side of defence has been, not only against the Barcodes but in a string of defeats the past few months. Time for change before it really is too late. Gordon and Patterson operating down our right could develop a Baines/ Piennar relationship.
As you say, Patterson is a decent crosser , after one or two of those the opposition will be drawn to closing him down , allowing Gordon to cut inside to the space created. Defensively yes he’s lacking in PL experience but he not appalling, and that’s the job of the coaches to improve his raw defensive talent, and we’ve got two of the best English full backs on our books to do that.

There are no easy PL games for us left , if we get into mid table security we’ll still be pushing for a win , there’s probably only the FA cup game and that’s a potential banana skin too. There’s little point bringing in a new manager, new coaches and new players if all we do is play the same old ones who’ve got us into this mess. Two pacy 20 year olds operating down the right works for me.
Fair enough. However, I completely disagree that you set up two 20 year olds on the same flank to play through a relegation campaign. That's completely counter-intuitive.

Rangers fans, bigging up one of their own, over Irish captain shocker! lol
a chara, we give them the money to keep their new club in business. They're on here trying to flog us another 1 for next years books as they know they wont be winning the league again anytime soon.

Do you think it's a good idea to go with Coleman, who is a veteran right back who would be playing his third game in a week, or Kenny, who is just not up to it.
Does ANYONE actually see that as a good idea. See I can use capital letters as well, we are seriously raising the risk of yet another injury if we play Coleman yet again. By the way, Anthony Gordon does, as you so rightly say, like to get up the pitch, he also tracks back and has a great work ethic.

I know you have a down on the ex Rangers lad, but,it really is Hobson's choice for us now and we can't throw an ageing Coleman in against a team as energetic as Leeds and not expect repercussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back