Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t commented on the obvious challenges facing the club, as a Rangers supporter I want to witness only positive outcomes for Everton.

Both of our distinguished club captains played here, the greatest ever Rangers manager in my life time loved the people of Everton. Big Dunc every time he competed for Everton , displayed a Rangers story for us.

So my affection renewal for the investment in Nathan is deep rooted, and sincere.

I rate Frank Lampard, and felt he could have exceeded Gerrard ‘s achievement at Rangers had we signed him. This guy is a born winner . His persistence in overlooking Nathan Patterson for Coleman is baffling.

I watched Coleman talk the the talk on sky today, with all due respect , Patterson is far above his dynamic , competitive , or footballing abilities today.

It’s time for Nathan to be supported to walk the walk for Everton . In the mould that so many great Rangers men have done before .
If your team has no legs, it can’t win football matches , I’ll stick to basics on this, There are too many players in the Everton squad, we’re dropping points has become acceptable , and winning has become an abstract aspiration. Give Nathan a platform to stretch opposition , and support your dynamic attackers .

Fair enough. However, I completely disagree that you set up two 20 year olds on the same flank to play through a relegation campaign. That's completely counter-intuitive.

But experience doesn't always trump inexperience. Sometimes energy and that spirit of not being afraid also works well. Sometimes cos the opposition really doesn't know Patterson-Gordon it can work too.

Of course we've not recruited well, but now that we have Patterson & Mykolenko, I would just go for it and push them into the challenge...but now that I say this, if we have an inexperienced back line, and also no Mina (he's at least a leader if not always the best player) and Coleman, we barely have leaders on the pitch. It's not Allan yet, not VDB not Gomes...
recruitment has not addressed our leadership issues too!

But experience doesn't always trump inexperience. Sometimes energy and that spirit of not being afraid also works well. Sometimes cos the opposition really doesn't know Patterson-Gordon it can work too.

Of course we've not recruited well, but now that we have Patterson & Mykolenko, I would just go for it and push them into the challenge...but now that I say this, if we have an inexperienced back line, and also no Mina (he's at least a leader if not always the best player) and Coleman, we barely have leaders on the pitch. It's not Allan yet, not VDB not Gomes...
recruitment has not addressed our leadership issues too!
These players dont know each other's game. They've never taken to the pitch before together.

It's too much of a gamble.

These players dont know each other's game. They've never taken to the pitch before together.

It's too much of a gamble.
And they won’t unless they play together will they? so it’s better persisting in the same players and partnerships who have contributed to an absolutely abysmal run of league results? What a ludicrous poster you are, don’t you like fishing…. Overseas?

I haven’t commented on the obvious challenges facing the club, as a Rangers supporter I want to witness only positive outcomes for Everton.

Both of our distinguished club captains played here, the greatest ever Rangers manager in my life time loved the people of Everton. Big Dunc every time he competed for Everton , displayed a Rangers story for us.

So my affection renewal for the investment in Nathan is deep rooted, and sincere.

I rate Frank Lampard, and felt he could have exceeded Gerrard ‘s achievement at Rangers had we signed him. This guy is a born winner . His persistence in overlooking Nathan Patterson for Coleman is baffling.

I watched Coleman talk the the talk on sky today, with all due respect , Patterson is far above his dynamic , competitive , or footballing abilities today.

It’s time for Nathan to be supported to walk the walk for Everton . In the mould that so many great Rangers men have done before .
If your team has no legs, it can’t win football matches , I’ll stick to basics on this, There are too many players in the Everton squad, we’re dropping points has become acceptable , and winning has become an abstract aspiration. Give Nathan a platform to stretch opposition , and support your dynamic attackers .
Why dont you "walk the walk" to your natural home from home...

OIP.RnIkr1g6EWaFITMO8FJLZgHaHa
OIP.sAK5M4GuQbsSriJoPFQaAAHaHa

Sorry Einstein,
You have genuinely lost me .
Although to be honest, I recall your allegiances are more green than blue. On that I must detest.
I’m an open book, Everton has a very unique place in my football soul. Arteta, Gazza’s David Ginola impression, Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, Stuart McCall, Alex Cleland,.
Everton is a working class peoples club, divisiveness is not an evident characteristic of this club. Might I suggest you maintain integrity, humility , and a sense of hospitality in keeping with the perception I have of this great club.
I know your east end of Glasgow allegiance obstructs this. I just wish you love brother . Pass it on !

Sorry Einstein,
You have genuinely lost me .
Although to be honest, I recall your allegiances are more green than blue. On that I must detest.
I’m an open book, Everton has a very unique place in my football soul. Arteta, Gazza’s David Ginola impression, Trevor Steven, Gary Stevens, Stuart McCall, Alex Cleland,.
Everton is a working class peoples club, divisiveness is not an evident characteristic of this club. Might I suggest you maintain integrity, humility , and a sense of hospitality in keeping with the perception I have of this great club.
I know your east end of Glasgow allegiance obstructs this. I just wish you love brother . Pass it on !
EbeRToN hAVe bORT ONe oV oUr PlAYeRz aND sO I aM goINg 2 sUpPOrt tHEm fROm NoW oN.

- WaLtER BOynE. AGe 25 + 3/4rs.

1) How does it not dispute your point?
2) So you agree
3) Coleman has Calvert Lewin, Richarlison to contend with. You think Tavernier would take pens over them?
4) I actually love the Scottish Premiership and always argue for it. I'm always posting in the Scottish Football Thread and I attend Celtic games. So no, I don't look down with disdain and derision on the SPL. But you got to put things into perspective.

The reason Tavernier would go is simply for financial reasons. There is unfortunately a thing in football that's called money, and yes, it has ruined it, but also means that as soon an EPL club want an SPL player money overrides everything else and EPL clubs have more money.
I'm going to be honest, mate. I'm not entirely sure what you mean. I'll do my best though.

My point is that Rangers get quite a few penalties in the domestic game because we spend most games attacking our opponents. Tavernier is the designated penalty taker, and as a result, he returned 16 goals and 19 assists (that's off the top of my head). He's had the most assists per season than any player in 4 of the last 5 seasons. Add that to the goals per season and you've got a player that anyone is going to struggle to replace.
Whether anyone at Everton would take penalties over Tav is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back