Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Pattycake isn't going to get his chance any time soon going off Frank's press conference. Go Captain Fantastic until 2042!
Didn’t sound optimistic did it? But with Myko out maybe his hand will be forced as we’ll probably have to shift a right back over. A right footed full back against Raphinha probably isn’t the worst thing in the world mind you.

Someone has to play left back tomorrow though. We're running out of numbers to be honest. Coleman as the experienced player should probably be the one to play out of position, although Patterson has done it before

He either goes with Townsend again...or goes to a back 4 with Holgate at RB and Coleman LB.

Other option is sticking with the 3 and two wing backs being JJK and Coleman. Or Patterson.

Someone has to play left back tomorrow though. We're running out of numbers to be honest. Coleman as the experienced player should probably be the one to play out of position, although Patterson has done it before
I'd pack the midfield for cover. Go 352, Allan sitting with Gomes and DeBeek in front.

Anyone we've got still standing is a no.

RE Patterson though...never has been ready for the prem. We didn't buy him for that.

I'm not convinced he's any more unprepared than any of our other options. Those who have played have defended appallingly all year. The idea he will suddenly make things 10 times worse is agenda driven nonsense. I'd give him a chance tomorrow, because he has an engine and aggression. And we play Leeds.

Last edited:
Should do an experiment and take GOT offline for a month and see if we improve. I do sometimes wonder how many players actually read this forum, a few years back id have thought some definitely would but forums are mainly used by older generations nowadays, they probably just go on twitter and instagram and search their names there.
I’d love for it to happen and for us to have a purely coincidental upturn in form. It’d strengthen ‘the fans are the problem ‘ argument ten fold.

I'm not convinced he's any more unprepared than any of our other options. Those who have played have defended appallingly all year. The idea he will suddenly make things 10 times worse is agenda driven nonsense. I'd give him a chance tomorrow, because he has an engine and aggression. And we play Leeds.
I don't think anyone's got an 'agenda' with Patterson, we all want to see him play.

But it's pretty clear that each manager, whatever people think of them, hasn't so far viewed him as being ready.

Which goes back to the point but I'm not allowed to reitarate that anymore :D

Lampard believes the experience of captain Seamus Coleman is currently needed - although he has been impresed by Patterson since taking over as manager.
“I’ve been impressed with Nathan,” said Lampard.
“It’s not been easy to be fair to the players. They need to train well but when you can’t see them in matches - I’ve seen bits of Nathan previously - and then revert to the situation we are in, my duty is to make sure we develop young players and find the right time for them to play.
“So far in two games, that hasn’t been right time but I’m very pleased to work with him.
“People think I love sticking young players in my teams. I do when they deserve it.
“I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve it but, at the minute, he’s in a position where the captain of the club Seamus has been so impressive since I’ve been here and for a long time at the club.
“He needs to work, keep developing, the club have signed him for the future as well as now.
“I will work with Nathan very closely and my staff - who work with the young players in particular - and when he gets his opportunity, I want to see him take it.”

I don't think anyone's got an 'agenda' with Patterson, we all want to see him play.

But it's pretty clear that each manager, whatever people think of them, hasn't so far viewed him as being ready.

Which goes back to the point but I'm not allowed to reitarate that anymore :D

I personally don't believe he is currently a worse option than Coleman. I've watched the lad play a couple of times for Scotland and a couple of EL games. Coleman would have been dropped long ago if it were not for the fact he was so good for so long. But the fact he was brilliant for 10 years doesn't take away from the fact he is a liability right now who opposing managers are targetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back