Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced he's any more unprepared than any of our other options. Those who have played have defended appallingly all year. The idea he will suddenly make things 10 times worse is agenda driven nonsense. I'd give him a chance tomorrow, because he has an engine and aggression. And we play Leeds.

He won't makes things worse but the lads barely developed at a level for the premiership right now. Was always going to be the case as we've bought a young player with potential in January.

JJK would still get a nod over him and by the sounds of it, he's not jumped up any pecking orders to get in the 1st team

Could start tomorrow like but I just don't buy fans clamouring for him to play or shocked he's not playing.

Him and Mykolenko in any normal club would be understudies getting drips of game time. We aren't so they're expected to be 1st teamers to some.

He won't makes things worse but the lads barely developed at a level for the premiership right now. Was always going to be the case as we've bought a young player with potential in January.

JJK would still get a nod over him and by the sounds of it, he's not jumped up any pecking orders to get in the 1st team

Could start tomorrow like but I just don't buy fans clamouring for him to play or shocked he's not playing.

Him and Mykolenko in any normal club would be understudies getting drips of game time. We aren't so they're expected to be 1st teamers to some.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see him as a worse player currently than Kenny. He's played international football and been to a tournament. He's not a complete novice.

Southampton threw Livramento in straight away with zero first team experience and he did fine. He was better than Walker Peters. Age is irrelevant.

Same situation when Coleman just arrive and not having a game no matter how crap Hibbert was.

That wasn't really the case though. Moyes wanted Coleman to learn the defensive side hence why he played him out of the wing and sent him out on loan before throwing him in.

Kenny isn’t developed at a level for the PL either, he also never will be, why would you play him over someone who has a chance of developing into a Premier League footballer in the near future?

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see him as a worse player currently than Kenny. He's played international football and been to a tournament. He's not a complete novice.

Never said he was, just probably not ready for starting a premiership game. Or at least not in our situation.

Rafael didn't play him. Lamps isn't going to just throw him in either. Will take time.

Never said he was, just probably not ready for starting a premiership game. Or at least not in our situation.

Rafael didn't play him. Lamps isn't going to just throw him in either. Will take time.
So we'd rather give more chances to the player we knew wasn't good enough 3 years ago. Makes sense. Probably why we are heading towards relegation.

We have to be the worst team in the country for sentimental selections.

Kenny isn’t developed at a level for the PL either, he also never will be, why would you play him over someone who has a chance of developing into a Premier League footballer in the near future?

Like I've said, it's all down to the predicament we're in rather than not giving him game time for the sake of it. I just don't see the eagerness for him and the vibe from Lamps seems to be the same (arguement goes out the window if he starts). Next season is when he'll get some minutes.

As for JJK....he's got our highest assists for a defender BTW.

Like I've said, it's all down to the predicament we're in rather than not giving him game time for the sake of it. I just don't see the eagerness for him and the vibe from Lamps seems to be the same (arguement goes out the window if he starts). Next season is when he'll get some minutes.

So what?

Much too late if we go down. And the performances of our full backs this season will be a large factor if we do.

So we'd rather give more chances to the player we knew wasn't good enough 3 years ago. Makes sense. Probably why we are heading towards relegation.

We have to be the worst team in the country for sentimental selections.

It's the same as saying let's throw a lad in now who's not ready but could be in a season or so time...the conclusion is the same. The idea is that you at least have some experience to work off.

Again, not saying it's the right thing. But I understand if it's why the manager doesn't play him as they see it in training and have to make a decision.

Much too late if we go down. And the performances of our full backs this season will be a large factor if we do.

Patterson isn't going to suddenly save us from relegation. Neither Mykolenko.

We can't depend on fullbacks as we only have 1 experienced full back. Rafael did his job by selling our other one and bringing in 2 inexperienced ones.

It's the same as saying let's throw a lad in now who's not ready but could be in a season or so time...the conclusion is the same. The idea is that you at least have some experience to work off.

Again, not saying it's the right thing. But I understand if it's why the manager doesn't play him as they see it in training and have to make a decision.

I'm saying it's the wrong thing to do. Experience has got us absolutely nowhere and our experienced players are largely the ones who haven't performed.

I'm saying it's the wrong thing to do. Experience has got us absolutely nowhere and our experienced players are largely the ones who haven't performed.

I get that. Not against Patterson playing either.

I just understand why he's not. Was something I always thought when we bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back