Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was unlucky to be subbed, He had a decent start, thought he was our best player early on, neat tidy comfortable on the ball. Lost his way a bit but Townsend should have a set him free on a couple of give and go’s and passed the ball backward and was lucky to stay on in my view.
Andross was not helping him at all he kept doing that annoying chop back and over hit a cross he likes to do he was ignoring the option often

I'm not writing him off either. I've noted umpteen times that he offers something going forward (a point disregarded by the hard of learning) and that if he can add a defensive game to his play while on loan he can offer Everton something.

Right now he is not fit for purpose because we have better defenders and better wingers / wide men.

That's what Lampard sees. That's why Lampard has had him rooted to the bench.
Perhaps Frank thought more of Coleman as being a more dependable figure in the team spirit sense. If they lose with Patterson, we all know he gest eaten up. Coleman can take the heat, and wont have problems with nerves. better to introduce patterson a bit more slow (even if i was in your camp of opinion most of the time). I can see the sense of choosing Coleman over Patterson in the next few weeks. We need safety, and games without a lot of pressure.

Perhaps Frank thought more of Coleman as being a more dependable figure in the team spirit sense. If they lose with Patterson, we all know he gest eaten up. Coleman can take the heat, and wont have problems with nerves. better to introduce patterson a bit more slow (even if i was in your camp of opinion most of the time). I can see the sense of choosing Coleman over Patterson in the next few weeks. We need safety, and games without a lot of pressure.
I agree with that, Patterson must be phased in, preferablly when we are in a safer position, but Coleman has got be smart too. I thought he looked cooked on the hour against City. I don t mind him concentrating on defending and allowing the attacking players to attack. He hasnt got the legs to be getting up and down for 90 minutes.

Only way Patterson gets game time this season is if both Coleman and Kenny are out.

I said they'd struggle to get promotion from it, I didn't say they couldn't at some point do it.

It's a different thing entirley coasting along playing for the most part outfits like St Mirren and Raith Rovers and then peaking for an OF game or 4.

The Championship is competitive all season long with a lot of good clubs jostling for position with 2/3 outstanding clubs in that season. Celtic and Rangers would collapse under the weight of that intensity for 48 games.
You don't know that Celtic and Rangers would collapse anywhere. All just about opinions and hypothetical anyhow. Aberdeen and Hibs amongst others might do well in the championship. I think that these Scottish clubs might surprise a few people. But you don't rate Scottish football. That's fine That's your prerogative. No problem. Or is it that you don't rate Rangers.
Patterson came from Rangers. You haven't seen him play. But you don't rate him. Fair play. Pity that you didn't rate most of the wasters that have scrounged a living of Everton in recent years.
Be safe . I'm off .
Ps........watch Patterson fly as a footballer. This guy will be ok....
Up The Toffees.

I said they'd struggle to get promotion from it, I didn't say they couldn't at some point do it.

It's a different thing entirley coasting along playing for the most part outfits like St Mirren and Raith Rovers and then peaking for an OF game or 4.

The Championship is competitive all season long with a lot of good clubs jostling for position with 2/3 outstanding clubs in that season. Celtic and Rangers would collapse under the weight of that intensity for 48 games.
You don't know that Celtic and Rangers would collapse anywhere. All just about opinions and hypothetical anyhow. Aberdeen and Hibs amongst others might do well in the championship. I think that these Scottish clubs might surprise a few people. But you don't rate Scottish football. That's fine That's your prerogative. No problem. Or is it that you don't rate Rangers.
Patterson came from Rangers. You haven't seen him play. But you don't rate him. Fair play. Pity that you didn't rate most of the wasters that have scrounged a living of Everton in recent years.
Be safe . I'm off .
Ps........watch Patterson fly as a footballer. This guy will be ok....
Up The Toffees.

I didn't get withdrawing him at all I agreed with the change of shape but why pull the lad who is making his first start? Odd one

Kenny is more experienced, Patterson is very young and very raw. Perhaps Frank didn't want to out him in a position to be targeted in a more defensively responsible position.

Only way Patterson gets game time this season is if both Coleman and Kenny are out.
Even then I think Holgate goes right back.

Personally I thought he did ok last night but reading between the lines of what Lampard was saying he wasn’t overly impressed although I thought he showed he has some good characteristics to his game, pace/comfortable on the ball.

I think he goes out on loan next year tbh -we payed way too much money for him but hopefully he will make the step up over the next few years.

Personally I thought he did ok last night but reading between the lines of what Lampard was saying he wasn’t overly impressed although I thought he showed he has some good characteristics to his game, pace/comfortable on the ball.

I think he goes out on loan next year tbh -we payed way too much money for him but hopefully he will make the step up over the next few years.
Completely agree.

So he goes on loan next season. Who plays RB and don’t say Coleman, I can’t stomach another 5 games watching him, never mind 40. And Kenny has so far proven he’s not good enough at this level. Had a couple of good games since Frank came in.

But to all of a sudden become first choice, is a totally different ball game.

I no doubt the lad will give his all, but at the moment he probably things he’s gone at the end of this season, so not really under any pressure.

More importantly Kenny can also play left back which was handy with Mykolenko going off.
Problem was though. That he offers very little going forward from
The left and Coleman also offers nothing even against non league opposition.

Should have kept Kenny RB and maybe moved Branthwaite over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back