Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we were playing Boreham Wood of the Vanarama National League, I don’t think they were gonna “target” our right back regardless.

Someone skins him once and he would have been.

Kenny got an assist,should have had another and made a good last ditch challenge so I think he justified the manager's decision.

It's a tough one for Patterson to take but he's got years ahead of him with an average Kenny and declining Coleman to compete with. If he keeps working the shirt will be his soon enough.

With the two lads i find it hard to judge as January signings is often a poor time to procure defensive signings, i like Mykolenko because i see him as a bit of a snide, i like that it shows, care, resilience and an ability to improve id support that. Hel take one for the team. Remember Utd fans loosing their loads, when Vidic and Evra came in, in a Jan window and they looked gash for the first six months, i think its a tough gig for defenders coming in mid season and just slotting in, especially in a new league. Patterson is a kid, Mykolenko - we know about what adversities he may be going through. While to be fair we've had 3 managers in 8 weeks. So id give the lads six months grace and preseason.

Thought that as well earlier on left full, full backs with Frankly are going to be key and i wouldn't be surprised to see a new left back, have we given up on the French kid on loan in Belgium?

All three of the boys, Mykolenko, Patterson and Branthwaite will likely need a preseason with Lampard. He'll know from his time at Derby and Chelsea how to bring them through into the team.

The right side now looks ideal really with Patterson and Gordon.

I hope thats proven to be the way forward next season.

Please find a PL full-back that doesn't give the ball away at least once in a game.

Please.
1646567899935.webp

Phil Neville... has found one, he's pointing to them - can't see who it is though, they're off screen.

Please find a PL full-back that doesn't give the ball away at least once in a game.

Please.
Or...
Please find an young talented exciting full-back that has the balls and ability to go forward and link up with the midfield and strikers in order to create chances and keep the opposition on the back foot rather than vice-versa!... Oh wait a minute!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back