Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny is more experienced, Patterson is very young and very raw. Perhaps Frank didn't want to out him in a position to be targeted in a more defensively responsible position.
I suspect you are right but we were playing Boreham flippin’ Wood not Man City!

Hopefully it was that silly first half formation that made him look bang average, mykolenko also looked awful, but then again most of our side was very poor against them!

It might just be down to inexperience and our position in the league but at the same time we may also need to face facts in that Frank maybe just doesn't fancy him (not an ideal scenario if its the case)
I really think he'll be loaned out. That belief will increase if he hands another contract to Kenny.

I really think he'll be loaned out. That belief will increase if he hands another contract to Kenny.
So, Patterson should be loaned out because he is 'behind' JJK. A player who Celtic..(from a pub league) remember... didn't want as a squad player but is OK as a starter or backup for Everton (A PL team)? Do I have your thinking right here?

I just want to see the lad play. U23 would be fine with me... I assume you would have no problem with that Dave?

If he performs well in the U23's would you then be OK with him in first team, from time to time. Or does that not count for anything... with you?

So, Patterson should be loaned out because he is 'behind' JJK. A player who Celtic..(from a pub league) remember... didn't want as a squad player but is OK as a starter or backup for Everton (A PL team)? Do I have your thinking right here?

I just want to see the lad play. U23 would be fine with me... I assume you would have no problem with that Dave?

If he performs well in the U23's would you then be OK with him in first team, from time to time. Or does that not count for anything... with you?
What a silly comparison when Patterson came from the same said "pub league" and couldn't even get enough game time to equate to 10 games worth of 90 mins in his whole time there. JJK joined a Celtic side that was up the left at the time after Rodgers left and that ended up with the manager Lennon getting sacked but you completely overlook the 31 appearances JJK made the season before for Shalke in the German League, a league miles ahead of the SPL in standard. Patterson has never played at that level for one game never mind 31.

What a silly comparison when Patterson came from the same said "pub league" and couldn't even get enough game time to equate to 10 games worth of 90 mins. JJK joined a Celtic side that was up the left at the time after Rodgers left and that ended up with the manager Lennon getting sacked but you completely overlook the 31 appearances JJK made for Shalke in the German League, a league miles ahead of the SPL in standard. Patterson has never played at that level for one game never mind 31.
Yeah Patterson hasn't played in the German League... he has however played at full Intenational level and in Europe. Are you saying playing in Germany... for any team is the same or better?

Do you as an Everton fan want JJK as your RB next season?

What a silly comparison when Patterson came from the same said "pub league" and couldn't even get enough game time to equate to 10 games worth of 90 mins in his whole time there. JJK joined a Celtic side that was up the left at the time after Rodgers left and that ended up with the manager Lennon getting sacked but you completely overlook the 31 appearances JJK made the season before for Shalke in the German League, a league miles ahead of the SPL in standard. Patterson has never played at that level for one game never mind 31.
Eh, while we are on the German League... didn't Rangers just beat Dortmund over two legs in Europe? They are second in the league, are they not? Not bad for a 'pub league' team eh?

Yeah Patterson hasn't played in the German League... he has however played at full Intenational level and in Europe. Are you saying playing in Germany... for any team is the same or better?

Do you as an Everton fan want JJK as your RB next season?
Haha! In minutes, he's played the equivalent of 3 games for SCOTLAND in a team where the other RB options are Ralston and O'Donnell! They've actually been playing 3 at the back if I recall. JJK has to get ahead of the likes of Reece James, Kyle Walker and TAA so yeah I'm saying JJK Kenny actually making 31 apps in the Bundesliga, a serious pro league, is a damn sight better than Patterson making only 3 games worth of appearances ahead of Ralston of Celtic and O'Donnell of Motherwell and barely getting a sniff in the SPL

Haha! In minutes, he's played the equivalent of 3 games for SCOTLAND in a team where the other RB options are Ralston and O'Donnell! They've actually been playing 3 at the back if I recall. JJK has to get ahead of the likes of Reece James, Kyle Walker and TAA so yeah I'm saying JJK Kenny actually making 31 apps in the Bundesliga is a damn sight better than Patterson making only 3 games worth of appearances ahead of Ralston of Celtic and O'Donnell of Motherwell
Let me get this right. JJK was on loan to Shalke and Celtic... and neither wanted him? Is that what you are saying makes him a better player? Geez you have low standards m8. Please remember Celtic had no starting RB at the time and after playing JJK for 6 months they didn't put in a bid for a player entering his last year of contract!

I notice you didn't answer my question though, are you happy with JJK as RB for Everton? Taking your thinking here, does that make EVERY PL player better than every player from a 'lower' league? I assume you think every league is lower than the PL... no?

Let me get this right. JJK was on loan to Shalke and Celtic... and neither wanted him? Is that what you are saying makes him a better player? Geez you have low standards m8. Please remember Celtic had no starting RB at the time and after playing JJK for 6 months they didn't put in a bid for a player entering his last year of contract!

I notice you didn't answer my question though, are you happy with JJK as RB for Everton? Taking your thinking here, does that make EVERY PL player better than every player from a 'lower' league? I assume you think every league is lower than the PL... no?
Yes happily have him as RB if we can't get better.

U23 level games aren't Championship level.

Look, Lampard has underlined this time after time in the few weeks he's been here: there's no short cut to getting the right back berth at Everton. Patterson is one for the future. That's what he's said a lot (and he looks irritated every time this subject pops up now, and rightly so because the two he uses at RB are doing solid jobs and it's the LB position that looks more vulnerable for us).

I get that you want to see one of your players in our team and would feel honoured, but that isn't happening until he can learn to defend to the standards demanded down here in the Premier League.

Was it just me who thought he was one of our better players in that first half? He was always looking to get the ball and get forward.

The problem was the formation, and without meaning to sound grim the only reason Patterson was brought off to adjust the formation was because of the situation mykolenko was in with Ukraine etc probably don't wanna affect his confidence otherwise Patterson would have stayed on and Kenny go to lb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back