Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest none of us know how good the player will be until he gets a game, when the third goal went in last Sunday and the game was over was the ideal time to put Patterson on in the right back position to give him twenty minutes or so to see how he performed, then again maybe not because nearly all of the team had took an early dart and spewed it, this kid has definitely got fight in him, see him for Scotland, not last night, and he wants to win, get him off the bench, at least, and let him show the others how to get stuck in, like another youngster, Branthwaite, was urging all the other shxtpots at Spurs last week, don’t any of them know or care we are in a fight for survival here.
I've said already he has something to offer...just not this Everton team. Anyone who cant see why just isn't looking at this from the manager's perspective.

Some have blithely stated that when a 3 at the back is played he'd be ideal to play as a wing back. But that completely misses the point. We dont play with overlapping or underlapping full backs. Lampard wants the attack carried to the opposition with out-and-out wide players like Gordon, Gray (and Richarlison when DCL is not playing).

We play aggressively with the 2 full backs for spells, yes, but we need them to transition to defence and dig in for huge amounts of games. Patterson has been deemed not capable of playing this role. It's ok people saying "he'll be boss going forward, lad", but the manager has to consider the overall shape of the team throughout the 90 minutes. And for me - at home especially - he's measured that just about right for the most part.

132 pages of the orange saying a player is rubbish and 40 people disagreeing with him on a continuous loop ffs change the record chaps
That's not what I've said. I've been complimentary about his forward play, but said he doesn't fit this team due to the position we find ourselves in this league, and because the manager doesn't believe he can play the way he deems necessary to get a result. And I back the manager's estimation 100% on that.

I've said already he has something to offer...just not this Everton team. Anyone who cant see why just isn't looking at this from the manager's perspective.

Some have blithely stated that when a 3 at the back is played he'd be ideal to play as a wing back. But that completely misses the point. We dont play with overlapping or underlapping full backs. Lampard wants the attack carried to the opposition with out-and-out wide players like Gordon, Gray (and Richarlison when DCL is not playing).

We play aggressively with the 2 full backs for spells, yes, but we need them to transition to defence and dig in for huge amounts of games. Patterson has been deemed not capable of playing this role. It's ok people saying "he'll be boss going forward, lad", but the manager has to consider the overall shape of the team throughout the 90 minutes. And for me - at home especially - he's measured that just about right for the most part.
Fair enough davek but it’s not working with the wide players really, the win against Newcastle was vital and I’m very pleased we got it but it wasn’t through any tactics that we won, we’ve lost a good player in Townsend, he’ll be missed so we need a player who is a battler, Patterson COULD be that player, he will fight not just turn up I’d even play him in centre midfield rather than the timid Van De Beek or the lesser seen Gomes but is just stating the obvious, desperate times need desperate measures and we are desperate.

Fair enough davek but it’s not working with the wide players really, the win against Newcastle was vital and I’m very pleased we got it but it wasn’t through any tactics that we won, we’ve lost a good player in Townsend, he’ll be missed so we need a player who is a battler, Patterson COULD be that player, he will fight not just turn up I’d even play him in centre midfield rather than the timid Van De Beek or the lesser seen Gomes but is just stating the obvious, desperate times need desperate measures and we are desperate.
CM?!

I'd agree that, with Townsend out for the season, he'll be seen more regularly on the bench just in case anything goes wrong with Gordon. Kenny will continue to deputise for Coleman though.

These are the decisions our manager has taken so we have to accept that.

Just a thought, I wonder if he`d signed from Celtic, whether he`d be getting the same hate from certain poster ?

I can answer that question - no.

I'm not remotely bothered about Celtic's fortunes.

It's not a binary choice. If you dont like rangers it doesn't follow as a matter of course that you favour Celtic.

Just take my assessment on Patterson at face value: a talent going forward, but not a defender for now...as per the manager's own assessment.

I'm not remotely bothered about Celtic's fortunes.

It's not a binary choice. If you dont like rangers it doesn't follow as a matter of corse trhat toy favour Celtic.

Just take my assessment on Patterson in the round: a talent going forward, but not a defender for now...as per the manager's own assessment.

Are you sure? Spend a whole lot of time arguing in the Scottish thread for someone "not remotely bothered".

I just feel really sorry for him.

He's sitting on the sidelines watching both Kenny and Coleman embarrass themselves on a weekly basis.

The manager must be telling him to force his way in, but what can he do? He wouldn't be getting regular games for Scotland if he was poor in training or had a bad attitude.

So he goes on international duty, gets MOM and will be in really high spirits, then comes back and has to listen to Lampard bleat on about "he's one for the future and also now" and "he's got to be patient", etc.

If we continue to lose the next games he'll have to come in surely, but if not and if he doesn't start next season at right back then he needs to put in a transfer request for the sake of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back