Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that we don't seem to stand a chance of winning away games at the moment, I'd try playing with a back 5 away from home and give this lad a run to see what he can do (with Mykolenko playing the same role on the left).

Who knows, having a pair of young quick fullbacks might help us create more chances away from home! More crosses for DCL and more support for our midfield. I get the fact that Patterson has been deemed 'not ready', but seriously if we're going to lose away games anyhow, why not try him out. If he can get MOTM for Scotland, then he cant be that far off for the Prem.

Id like to see him and Gordon down the right.
I think we’re definitely missing a trick. If With Godfrey staying at left back, with Mina back in the centre, we couid definitely play patterson and give him some freedom up the right side of the Pitch. Him and Gordon crossing for DCL and Richarlison coming in off the left. Maybe Dele breaking into the box to whos 6:2 and all of them good in the air.

Even if it only works for a game or two it couid be the difference in staying up.

I think we’re definitely missing a trick. If With Godfrey staying at left back, with Mina back in the centre, we couid definitely play patterson and give him some freedom up the right side of the Pitch. Him and Gordon crossing for DCL and Richarlison coming in off the left. Maybe Dele breaking into the box to whos 6:2 and all of them good in the air.

Even if it only works for a game or two it couid be the difference in staying up.
We have a few away games that we dont expect to get anything from. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain from adding an attacking threat with pace in those sort of games. More than that, maybe if we can score a few by being more aggressive, we can see the results turning.

Spence of Boro/Forest, looks like he'll sign for Arsenal.

If Patterson is loaned out, Forest would be a very good place for Patterson to go and do what Spence has just done: learn the trade of defending at a decent level.
At this rate we’ll be getting Forest’s players on loan

Given that we don't seem to stand a chance of winning away games at the moment, I'd try playing with a back 5 away from home and give this lad a run to see what he can do (with Mykolenko playing the same role on the left).

Who knows, having a pair of young quick fullbacks might help us create more chances away from home! More crosses for DCL and more support for our midfield. I get the fact that Patterson has been deemed 'not ready', but seriously if we're going to lose away games anyhow, why not try him out. If he can get MOTM for Scotland, then he cant be that far off for the Prem.
Do you think Myolenko is quick?

I honestly dont think he is from what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back