Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, if the rest of the team had that kind of self confidence then we might actually win a game every now and again.

To be honest Dave, that is just the attitude we are missing at this perilous time. We currently have too many players looking as if they wished they were somewhere else. I would be pleased to see some real 'attitude' on the pitch.
Did you read what he said?

He said he plays for himself.

There's no "I" in team.

What's he got to be arrogant about?
Dunno! Not seen him play yet.
That is not the only point though. Perhaps there is a subliminal message crying out for a chance to impress. With the confidence level being so low with the current side that they need to reach up to tie their shoelaces, this could be a good thing.
Jeez, we are in desperate need of a lift.
I know from your posts you don't rate the lad, which is fine, and I am not saying he is the next Alex Parker, but confidence can sometimes be an intangible quality that we, as a team, are currently missing.

He isn't saying that though, he is saying that for 'me' ie him it's all about just playing football, thats all he wants.
He says he always wants people "to watch me play".

How is that a good look?

More substantially he needs to realise how that comment looks to a manager who has consistently stated he's not ready. Because that looks like he's having a go at him in public.

Stick him in for West Ham, where we are getting comfortably beaten regardless.
No we're not. Have you seen West Ham's form? Cup and PL: lost 3 and won 2 of the last 5 games. Same as us.

This will be a close contest. We need to be defensive-minded and compact. Hang in there until the second half and see if we can nick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back