Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, but if we were keeping clean sheet after clean sheet and looking rock solid at the back with the players who have been getting selected, you're position and argument for no change and no Patterson has merit.

Given our current performance and situation, I think change and new blood is desperatley needed, and Patterson and mykolenko should be starting games in the positions they have been signed for. I'd play begovic as well and Branthwaite.

We could play Coleman in another position if we must or we don't want to drop the skipper, for whatever reason.
Coleman is undervalued. He's helped add 6 points to the total in the last month. Leave him put at your peril.

The only other place I'd have Coleman is CM. And I've said before that Gordon and Patterson would crowd each other out operating on the same flank.

Patterson: I've never seen a FB / RWB who's positioning is that high up the pitch. We may as well call him for what he is: a RW. He features in the games I've seen him in only in the last quarter of the pitch.
The 2 Scotland games I watched he seemed to play exactly how a RWB should imo

Dave, I don't think Seamus is as bad as some make out but he has cost us a few points this season as well, swings and roundabouts. We should give the kid a chance especially as we keep getting beat anyway.
Manager says he's not ready. I'm inclined to agree with him...as are, TBF, many people on here too.

Let's carry on what we're doing under Lampard: even if we just repeat the results of his first 10 games in charge we'll likely be fine: 4 wins and 6 losses.

He plays off Gilmour for Scotland - an attacking midfielder who he can work passes inside to and take returns from. I haven't seen him overlapping any winger other than when he played half a game against Boreham when Townsend was on that flank. That didn't work well.

From what I see Patterson is a winger himself.

Honest to God, it's almost worth seeing this lad get a game in the PL to welly a mile this daft attempt to promote him above established FBs at the club. It'd cure a few people here of their claims for him almost instantly.
What a bizarre post. Who said anything about promoting him above established FBs? You said “ He features in the games I've seen him in only in the last quarter of the pitch.”.
My point is this means you haven’t seen him in enough games then. I’ve seen him playing for Rangers, Scotland , Everton , Everton u23 s. Ive seen him feature in his own defensive quarter of the pitch , including using his pace to break up an attack by taking the ball off an opponent . If you haven’t seen this that’s fine, no problem with that , it just means the games you have seen him in is limited . You’ve virtually stated that yourself .
Maybe you should take your blinkers off sometimes.

What a bizarre post. Who said anything about promoting him above established FBs? You said “ He features in the games I've seen him in only in the last quarter of the pitch.”.
My point is this means you haven’t seen him in enough games then. I’ve seen him playing for Rangers, Scotland , Everton , Everton u23 s. Ive seen him feature in his own defensive quarter of the pitch , including using his pace to break up an attack by taking the ball off an opponent . If you haven’t seen this that’s fine, no problem with that , it just means the games you have seen him in is limited . You’ve virtually stated that yourself .
Maybe you should take your blinkers off sometimes.
'Featured' means been instrumental in. You can also be somewhere else on the pitch and not feature.

You've maybe seen that in bold once...and it's telling that you have to point to one example of him doing that when he's purportedly a defender and that sort of thing should be commonplace.

There's nothing bizarre in saying he features in the final quarter of the pitch. He does, almost exclusively so.

I defy anyone who watches his pitch position to claim Patterson is a defender. He just isn't...and that's why Lampard wont ever start him unless there's an injury crisis in the right FB position.

'Featured' means been instrumental in. You can also be somewhere else on the pitch and not feature.

You've maybe seen that in bold once...and it's telling that you have to point to one example of him doing that when he's purportedly a defender and that sort of thing should be commonplace.

There's nothing bizarre in saying he features in the final quarter of the pitch. He does, almost exclusively so.

I defy anyone who watches his pitch position to claim Patterson is a defender. He just isn't...and that's why Lampard wont ever start him unless there's an injury crisis in the right FB position.
The “ bizarre “ reference as I’m sure you know was about you suddenly introducing “ promoting him above established full backs” which I’d never mentioned and you just plucked out of nowhere and associated with me. It’s a fair point you make though, I really shouldn’t be surprised by anything you write , my bizarre is your normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back