Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
His agenda is to sit in his mum's box room, aged 34 and constantly post nonsense on GOT.
Haha. I didn't realise he was someone with issues like this. Has he disclosed what level did he used to play football at? I played at a decent level and he seems to be trying to convince other fans on here that he has a level of exposure to top level football that I don't think he does. Fair play if he has the coaching/playing experience he is alluding to though.

Eh, naw. I did understand that your post was tongue-in-cheek, it's a pity you didn't realise my initial response was also...
I don't agree with the last statement though. St Johnstone won both cups the season before last.
Anyway, enough of this, I'll let you get on with your important stuff.
Ah yes nearly forgot the fact they stole the thunder from Rangers first ever title?

I'm Scottish and I am shocked at some of the posts on here. Patterson is well known for his commitment and strength in the tackle. No one in Scotland has ever considered Nathan a winger and has always played right back or wing back. His biggest attributes are his mentality and aggression - basically a right sided Kieran Tierney.

Patterson relishes the defensive side of the game. I believe this david poster may have an agenda? He is describing a completely different player from what I watched the last years. I can only assume he hasn't seen him play much.
While I agree with some of this I still think Patterson is a bit suspect defensively, he's not nearly at the defensive levels of a fully fit Tierney yet. Attacking wise Patterson is the best full back Scotland has, I include Tierney and Robertson in this.

While I agree with some of this I still think Patterson is a bit suspect defensively, he's not nearly at the defensive levels of a fully fit Tierney yet. Attacking wise Patterson is the best full back Scotland has, I include Tierney and Robertson in this.
For sure - he's five years younger, of course he's not at that level yet.
Very similar players at that age and on the same career trajectory. I'd say Hickey and Robbo don't have the natural defensive instincts that Tierney and Patterson have. Robbo at Dundee United was a lot more attacking and still got caught out in Jackie Mcnamara's side, playing alongside Armstrong. Souttar, Gould helped him. Robbo majorly improved defensively later on under Bruce and took it to the next level under Klopp.

Patterson and Tierney have a fearless defensive streak that you can't teach. It's how you're brought up in Scotland. The people of Merseyside will resonate with Patterson.

The best thing about the orange cat (oh the irony) being anti-Nathan Patterson is that he seems to believe he's going to put other Everton fans off the lad

As if we're going to say "that calm and logical gentleman is always right about football matters, I must agree with him at all costs"

When in reality the unfairness of his unwarranted attacks have helped the majority of people on this thread to get passionate about what Nathan can offer

If he'd not bothered to say anything this would probably be a fairly standard thread with little enthusiasm either way

The best thing about the orange cat (oh the irony) being anti-Nathan Patterson is that he seems to believe he's going to put other Everton fans off the lad

As if we're going to say "that calm and logical gentleman is always right about football matters, I must agree with him at all costs"

When in reality the unfairness of his unwarranted attacks have helped the majority of people on this thread to get passionate about what Nathan can offer

If he'd not bothered to say anything this would probably be a fairly standard thread with little enthusiasm either way

…there was a Scotland game after we were first linked, Dave came on here after 20mins saying Patterson can’t defend and gets caught upfield. He’s stuck rigidly to that wildly incorrect assessment since.

He posted for months on here asking fans to give the obnoxious Benitez a chance, yet writes off a 20 year old with genuine potential because he was bought from Glasgow Rangers.

"Dave said this", "Dave said that".

Actual grown men.

loel.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back