2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to spend money on this guy, he makes Mykolenko look good.

The same bunch who've spent hundreds of millions and much more than £12m+ on way worse players over the past five years only to see us in 17th with 8 games to go in season 2022/2023?

The same bunch who've spent hundreds of millions and much more than £12m+ on way worse players over the past five years only to see us in 17th with 8 games to go in season 2022/2023?
Spending our January budget that window on him and Mykolenko was definitely a mistake

Spending our January budget that window on him and Mykolenko was definitely a mistake

Hindsight is 20/20

Patterson may go on to be a good player yet

I'd agree that taking a chance on him given the situation with Coleman was poor business from the club

Lots of pressure at Everton as we've been run so poorly for years now

Should have at least gone with a direct replacement for Coleman at that time

Everton should probably be a club that could do that and buy a Patterson as backup

All the wasting of money on ancient crocks has meant the purse strings have had to be tightended to the point that longer term investment players like Patterson are not as feasible

Possibly a few championship teams might bid for him.
Maybe, who knows? At his age he needs to be playing and Dyche is playing Ben "game changing error" Godfrey ahead of him so he knows he's done here. Aside from Dave's rabid sectarianism, I've seen no positive arguments for why he shouldn't be getting a sniff here so, if I was in his position, I'd be looking for a move.

Whether you fancy him or not, when the alternative is Ben Godfrey, you have to question the man’s sanity. It looks a very, very questionable decision but it’s the manager’s call, if it turns out okay then you have to give him credit. If it doesn’t, well, he’ll get criticised.

Godfrey's a solid athlete but he's not a modern full back. I expect him to be strong and tenacious in defending but I can't see much going forward.

Patterson must be gutted not to get the start in front of a make-shift CB.

100% hope I'm wrong and Godfrey has a worldie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back