2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really poor since those few good games at the beginning of the season. Can see him being a huge problem defensively in those away games against Palace and Leicester.
It's okay cuz Dyche will pick Godfrey anyway, so it's a non-issue.

Also this was his first serious game time in, what, months I think? Assuming this is exactly how you judge every other player then dannyboy?

Is this like him being accused of being bad last year? Remember fondly Davek kept banging on about him being bad for 5 months, when the lad got injured about 3 weeks after joining and didn't play for the remainder of the season lol

Weird pseudo-Irish cult wanting a young player to fail so bad

It's okay cuz Dyche will pick Godfrey anyway, so it's a non-issue.

Also this was his first serious game time in, what, months I think? Assuming this is exactly how you judge every other player then dannyboy?

Is this like him being accused of being bad last year? Remember fondly Davek kept banging on about him being bad for 5 months, when the lad got injured about 3 weeks after joining and didn't play for the remainder of the season lol

Weird pseudo-Irish cult wanting a young player to fail so bad

No agenda, mate. Just think he's struggled since the early part of the season. Fair enough he's been out with injury, but I wouldn't feel confident with him in the defence when clinging onto a lead.

The lad's got it hard because he is surrounded by a very poor team. Doesn't have the luxury that Coleman had when he broke into the starting XI.

No agenda, mate. Just think he's struggled since the early part of the season. Fair enough he's been out with injury, but I wouldn't feel confident with him in the defence when clinging onto a lead.

The lad's got it hard because he is surrounded by a very poor team. Doesn't have the luxury that Coleman had when he broke into the starting XI.
He did fine in the previous games and is currently rusty - I'd not feel confident instantly too, to be honest, but we've no other options so it might be good to support a player of ours for once.

Chances are Coleman comes back and is also rusty, and he's already not exactly fast to begin with as age has caught up with him, and as well as he's played there's always the chance of an error with him too.

Another one that isn't PL standard. Another one that is kept out of the team by someone that needs to be upgraded.

Another mykolenko maybe not as bad cause that would be difficult but not good enough, feel like we’ve been building a squad for the championship last 2 years with signings like this.

Judging by Dyches comments after the game, I don't think he rates the kid and was very non committal when asked if it was a bonus to have him available for selection again.

If Colemans out, I can see him selecting Godfrey again.

I'd prefer him in front of Coleman to gain experience but he wasn't anywhere near match fitness.

He was a bright spot at the start of the season but to use this performance to knock him down won't help.

He is still a young player who will get better and he is by far a better right back than Godfrey

Nathan Patterson has only had a couple of cameos since returning. Can we at least let the lad get a few full matches under his belt before we tear into him?

Unfortunately for Patterson I can't see him getting many more chances under Dyche this season. He needs a lot of time invested in him this summer to improve his overall game. Hopefully the management team are prepared to do that because there was a spark at the start of the season which showed he had something about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back