2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensible post. I think a lot of it boils down to some Everton fans having delusional expectations about the size and quality of our club these days.
Nope

The supporters should have standards and expectations about what is expected, and the club should be aiming to match those. Otherwise, the club may as well not exist.

A big reason we are so poor is because of a lack of standards, and a lack of accountability across the club

Well, in the time period that you think is required for us to eventually sell him on, we are continuing to rely on an ageing Coleman that in truth should have been replaced, and dare I say it, upgraded, years ago!

You’re acting like this ‘potential’ is guaranteed. I don’t think it is, at all. I think he shows far less potential than Jack Rodwell and a plethora of other youngsters that go on to be absolutely crap!

He couldn’t get a game for a half decent team in Scotland, and he still can’t get a game for an ultra crap Everton side. Ben Godfrey (another world class prodigy that is headed for the top) is being selected ahead of him.

I mean, Jack Rodwell was one of the most talented kids in England? His career failed because he left us too soon and had an awful injury record. What kinda comparison even is that.

Again, stop saying "he couldn't get a game in Scotland" ffs. Go do some research you're getting more dumb by the post.

Nope

The supporters should have standards and expectations about what is expected, and the club should be aiming to match those. Otherwise, the club may as well not exist.

A big reason we are so poor is because of a lack of standards, and a lack of accountability across the club

Lower your expactations. We're a small rubbish club these days, on a staggering decline, about to possibly get relegated. This kid has great potential and £11m is not a lot in modern day footbal for that.

We spent more than half of that on Lewis Gibson who you've never heard of.

Lower your expactations. We're a small rubbish club these days, on a staggering decline, about to possibly get relegated. This kid has great potential and £11m is not a lot in modern day footbal for that.

We spent more than half of that on Lewis Gibson who you've never heard of.

No the club want us to lower our expectations, that's how the board have managed to hold on to power for so long. My short term expectations are extremely low, but my long term expectations is that this club should be one of the best in the country.

Patterson has potential, but it hasn't worked out yet for some reason. Yesterday he looked way off the pace. I think he needs to start though, because Godfrey is not a viable alternative, and couldn't have played much worse. Unfortunately a year playing every week in the championship is probably the best thing for Patterson's development because he needs games but not at this high level of pressure.

The question is whether Patterson was what we needed at that stage last season when things were beginning to unravel. I think we needed someone for the here and now, not a development player. But we are where we are, and we need to give him games.

I saw Gibson scored the other day on that EFL show on Quest. It seems only our loan players can find the net these days - Cannon could be extremely useful next year if we go down.

I mean, Jack Rodwell was one of the most talented kids in England? His career failed because he left us too soon and had an awful injury record. What kinda comparison even is that.

Again, stop saying "he couldn't get a game in Scotland" ffs. Go do some research you're getting more dumb by the post.

My word. Jack Rodwell is a prime example of a hyped up youngster that went on to be an absolutely crap no mark. One of many. Especially at Everton, who seem to go absolutely wild over any young player that is capable of completing a pass forward.

He seldom got a game for Rangers. He was their reserve right back, only playing on the few occasions that their first choice was unavailable. He’s now third choice in an ultra crap Everton side, behind the young prodigy Ben Godfrey, who everyone was raving about just a couple of years ago.

No the club want us to lower our expectations, that's how the board have managed to hold on to power for so long. My short term expectations are extremely low, but my long term expectations is that this club should be one of the best in the country.

But why? The last time this club was one of the best in the country was before you were born. We have history but we're no richer than any other side in the league these days.

Patterson has potential, but it hasn't worked out yet for some reason. Yesterday he looked way off the pace. I think he needs to start though, because Godfrey is not a viable alternative, and couldn't have played much worse. Unfortunately a year playing every week in the championship is probably the best thing for Patterson's development because he needs games but not at this high level of pressure.

He needs a year injury-free starting for Everton. People complain we don't have exciting youngsters like Brighton etc. but how can we ever when we either don't play them or sell them?

The question is whether Patterson was what we needed at that stage last season when things were beginning to unravel. I think we needed someone for the here and now, not a development player. But we are where we are, and we need to give him games.

I saw Gibson scored the other day on that EFL show on Quest. It seems only our loan players can find the net these days - Cannon could be extremely useful next year if we go down.

My word. Jack Rodwell is a prime example of a hyped up youngster that went on to be an absolutely crap no mark. One of many. Especially at Everton, who seem to go absolutely wild over any young player that is capable of completing a pass forward.

He seldom got a game for Rangers. He was their reserve right back, only playing on the few occasions that their first choice was unavailable. He’s now third choice in an ultra crap Everton side, behind the young prodigy Ben Godfrey, who everyone was raving about just a couple of years ago.

Honestly, have the morning off, you're failing badly here. There is an extremely good reason a 19-year old was the second choice right-back at Rangers.

But why? The last time this club was one of the best in the country was before you were born. We have history but we're no richer than any other side in the league these days.

He needs a year injury-free starting for Everton. People complain we don't have exciting youngsters like Brighton etc. but how can we ever when we either don't play them or sell them?

Why not? Because if you don't aspire to be the best then there is a zero chance of being even competitive, because you can be sure all your rivals will be aspiring to be the best.

I think Brighton recruit better young players than us. I don't think there's more to it than that. But yes I generally agree. I'd much rather have watched Cannon play for us this season than Maupay. I'd much rather have seen Price get more minutes than Davies, Gueye etc. I'd much rather have seen Mills get a chance at full back than see players out of position.

Next year we are going to have to rely on them and start a proper rebuild from the bottom, where we learn to play football again, with young players who haven't put us into this position.

Honestly, have the morning off, you're failing badly here. There is an extremely good reason a 19-year old was the second choice right-back at Rangers.

Is it because he wasn’t good enough to be considered Rangers’ first choice?

What’s the reason he’s third choice in the worst Everton side anyone’s ever seen?

We get it, you think he will be boss in the future. I don’t think he will be boss in the future tbh. But what is for sure, is that he wasn’t premier league standard when we bought him, and he still isn’t premier league standard now.

Why not? Because if you don't aspire to be the best then there is a zero chance of being even competitive, because you can be sure all your rivals will be aspiring to be the best.

I think Brighton recruit better young players than us. I don't think there's more to it than that. But yes I generally agree. I'd much rather have watched Cannon play for us this season than Maupay. I'd much rather have seen Price get more minutes than Davies, Gueye etc. I'd much rather have seen Mills get a chance at full back than see players out of position.

Next year we are going to have to rely on them and start a proper rebuild from the bottom, where we learn to play football again, with young players who haven't put us into this position.

You didn't say aspire, you said your long-term expectations so I'm asking you why do you have those. Do Palace fans have those expectations? Do Villa? Be more realistic there is nothing that should give you these expectations. Newcastle are maybe a modern example of changing expectations but their fans didn't have those until they got taken over by some of the richest people on the planet. If we got that maybe I'd agree but we haven't so I don't.

Exactly so if you want young players getting minutes at Everton you don't want Patterson loaning out. He has his flaws, who doesn't at his age, playing games is the only way to iron them out. Sadly because the club left us no striker we started off the season crapping ourselves about relegation again and couldn't really give kids chances.

Is it because he wasn’t good enough to be considered Ranger’s first choice?

What’s the reason he’s third choice in the worst Everton side anyone’s ever seen?

We get it, you think he will be boss in the future. I don’t think he will be boss in the future tbh. But what is for sure, is that he wasn’t premier league standard when we bought him, and he still isn’t premier league standard now.

Is it because at 19 he wasn't as good as Rangers' captain and equivalent of Lionel Messi who has more than 100 goals and 100 assists for them? Yes, I reckon that's probably why he wasn't first choice at 19.

He's also only seemingly third choice to Dyche and do you really think Godfrey is better than him? If you don't, he's not third choice in reality is he.

Is it because at 19 he wasn't as good as Rangers' captain and equivalent of Lionel Messi who has more than 100 goals and 100 assists for them? Yes, I reckon that's probably why he wasn't first choice at 19.

He's also only seemingly third choice to Dyche and do you really think Godfrey is better than him? If you don't, he's not third choice in reality is he.

So the reason he was second choice at Rangers is because everyone recognised that he was an inferior option to their first choice? Mental.

I absolutely see why Dyche chose the young prodigy Godfrey over Patterson. It’s because Patterson will leave us even more exposed than Godfrey. Hence, Patterson being third choice in the worst Everton side anyone can remember.

So the reason he was second choice at Rangers is because everyone recognised that he was an inferior option to their first choice? Mental.

I absolutely see why Dyche chose the young prodigy Godfrey over Patterson. It’s because Patterson will leave us even more exposed than Godfrey. Hence, Patterson being third choice in the worst Everton side anyone can remember.

Well yes, but why on Earth is that ever an issue? It's like if we had a really talented second choice keeper behind Pickford, who couldn't get a game ahead of the England international, but was still touted by other clubs. Happens all over the world.

Let's leave it here. You think he's crap, I don't, may you always be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back